Blockchains have been viewed as a game-changer since their inception as an academic concept back in the 1990s. When the famous cryptocurrency Bitcoin was first introduced, it changed the way finance is seen. People became excited about the possibility of digitalizing our lives in the way we had imagined it through literature. As time passed, this line of thinking raised the standard for blockchain applications. Slowly, more applications related to cryptocurrencies began to open their doors.
Also, there were more successful blockchain-based applications like non-fungible tokens, decentralized finance, Defi, metaverses, and decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs).
After their sales soared by an incredible amount in a matter of months, non-fungible tokens attracted a large market. Although celebrities and early NFT users are credited for the success, NFT marketplaces were responsible for handling the sudden surge with efficiency.
It is possible to say that operating an NFT marketplace can be a lucrative business opportunity in today’s crypto world. However, it takes a lot of patience and diligence to own such a platform. Creating a community around your platform is a tedious task even at the beginning.
What is an NFT Marketplace platform?
An NFT marketplace platform is one example of such a platform. Where people can trade, buy, and sell assets that are backed by non-fungible tokens. They are planning to play an important role in driving NFTs up to the level they are today. These platforms offer a wide range of NFT assets such as art and music, video clips, and in-game assets. Trading cards, memes, trading cards, memes, and profile picture punks are all available.
OpenSea and Solsea are examples of horizontal NFT markets. SuperRare, Foundation, and Sorare are platforms such as Jump, FanCraze, or NBA Top Shot. Trade is a marketplace that focuses on a particular audience. These marketplaces allow trades to be made in exchange for cryptocurrencies. However, some accept fiat payments and crypto stable coins to expand their customer base.
What is the user flow in an NFT marketplace?
- Users should first create an account on the portal regardless of their status (buyer/seller) and then connect their crypto wallet to the built-in wallet.
- To back their digital assets, the seller must mint NFTs. The seller must give sufficient information about the NFT such as its cost, details (opening bid price/fixed prices), deadline, and benefits.
- Marketplace admins will moderate NFT assets and, if items comply with all regulations, they can be listed on the selling portal. For a fee, the platform can post NFTs to the main page.
- Prospective buyers look at the NFT to determine if they are willing to bid on the NFT or pay the stated price. The buyer’s crypto wallet is used to take the bid amount.
- If the seller is satisfied with the bid or meets the deadline, they can accept it. This launch NFTs from the buyer and transfers the amount to the seller.
- A transaction fee is a fee that may be added to the gas fee. There are many combinations of transaction fees. The fees are usually taken as a percentage of final sales. This money is used to maintain and operate the platform.
Also read: Top 9 Solana NFT Marketplaces
The Best Features of an NFT Marketplace Platform
- Storefront – The user-end portal should include all information regarding NFT assets such as previews, descriptions, ownership history, bids, and more.
- Search Engine –The marketplace should have an advanced search function that allows users to search for the NFT products they are looking for. This is where speed is key. It plays an important role in the user experience.
- Sort Options and Filter – To ensure that customers can find relevant results quickly and easily, the NFT marketplace must also offer a wide range of filter options.
- Listing Portal – Creators should be able easily to list and mint their NFTs on an NFT marketplace. A portal dedicated to NFT sellers/creators should be available for them to list their NFTs, providing all details such as descriptions, sale mode, and tags.
- Status Portal – This will help sellers list their NFTs for sale. Moderation will take time. This feature will benefit a seller looking to sell their collection of NFT collectibles.
- Bidding Portal – Buyers should be able to place bids and keep track of their status on the NFT marketplace. As this increases interest in the NFT items being auctioned on the platform, it is important that you set a deadline.
- Crypto Wallet – This is a vital feature for any NFT market as they play a major role in processing transactions. To provide a seamless user experience, users should use their wallets to sign in to the platform. It is possible to either create it yourself or work with a trusted wallet provider such as MetaMask and Coinbase.
- Ratings – These features are essential so buyers know who the bestsellers are before they make a purchase. These features are essential to buyers before making a purchase. NFT novices will be at ease if they are able to judge the value of an NFT item using the reviews and ratings.
A Step-by-Step Guide to Developing an NFT Marketplace Platform
- Idea – As with any other startup, the first phase of creating an NFT marketplace is to plan. It is important to consider all aspects that could be involved. This includes the business, target market, niche, competitors, solution, features marketing, payment, as well as technologies used. Next, you will need to create a whitepaper based on all your plans and decisions.
- Design – After creating your NFT marketplace venture plan, it’s time to begin designing your platform. To create user-end screens, you will need to use the necessary technical tools such as web.js and HTML. You must ensure that the user interface (UI), provides an immersive user experience. Consider the suggestions of a small user base, and then implement them.
- Develop – Now that the user-end portal is ready, it’s time to build the back-end. This will allow for all front-end operations. Use advanced blockchain coding techniques such as Solidity, Python, and C++. It is also the stage in which you create the smart contract for NFTs and native tokens for the platform. Finally, integrate your platform into Blockchain Network.
- Test – After completing full-scale development, it is important to conduct extensive testing. You should perform beta and alpha testing with a small number of users, and repeat automated tests. To ensure that the final platform is bug-free, any errors found must be fixed immediately.
- Launch – Now it is time to make your platform available for public use. Make sure you are ready to go with extensive marketing on all media. Offering great benefits to your early users is a great way to build your user base. You should also have multiple channels of communication for your venture, so you can receive valuable feedback. To keep up with current trends, you should update your platform regularly based on feedback.
What’s the difference between hiring in-house developers and experts?
Both options will give you the platform that you need, but there are many internal differences. It is difficult to find in-house developers who have enough experience building blockchain apps, as the technology is still new.
They are also expensive to hire as their work experience requires them to pay higher rates, regardless of whether they are full-time employees or independent contractors for the duration.
In essence, both options will give you the platform that you want, but there are many internal differences. It is difficult to find in-house developers who have enough experience building blockchain apps, as the technology is still new.
However, there are a few companies that excel in NFT market development and have a team full of skilled professionals. These firms can help you create the platform to meet your needs while maintaining the core aspects of the platform.
These outsourcing companies also have lower costs than hiring developers to work for you. A few regions of Asia have become blockchain hotspots recently, as they have many talented blockchain developers who form the backbone of some of the leading development companies in the region.
We can therefore say that the NFT marketplace is one of the most profitable business ventures in the blockchain world. It all depends on your goals and constraints. However, working with an experienced development company would be a great idea.
The world is now accepting NFTs.It is not certain that there will be any new niches in the NFT world. Hence, More unique marketplaces would begin their operations in the near future.