The screen recorder, screencasting, screencasting, and screen capture tools are all different names for the same tool that allows you to record the output of a computer’s screen. Although screen recorders come in a variety of prices and features, they all share the following common features:
- Adjustable video frame
- cut-and-paste editing options
- Unlimited recording time
which screen recording tool do you recommend to create a video tutorial, market your business online, make an online course, or record a new move in your favorite game? We compared 10 of the best screen recorders available for Windows and presented them to you. This article should help you find the right screen recorder to capture video on your computer.
Free Screen Recorders that Save Money
No matter how much software you have purchased after trying out trial versions, you will not get the same bang for your buck. You can save money or get great results with free screen recorders. One caution: Some vendors may ask you to purchase a paid version if you have downloaded their “free” software to gain full functionality.
We have compiled the top free screen recorders for 2022, which can compete with the most expensive screen recording tools.
Top 10 Screen Recorder for Windows and PC
1. Free Cam
Best for – Best screen capture software to make WMV screenshots
Freecam is an easy-to-use and best screen recorder that also includes an audio/video editor. You can record the entire screen or a part of it using the intuitive interface. You can also adjust the area to be recorded. This software is completely free and does not place any watermarks. It doesn’t have time limits and can be used to record as many videos as you want.
- There are no ads, time limits, or watermarks
- Recordings voice-overs and computer sounds
- High-quality resolution
- You can either save your videos as WMV files or upload them to YouTube directly.
- You can easily delete unwanted video fragments
- Eliminate background noise
- A wide range of audio effects is available
- Only save recordings to WMV
- There is no webcam recording
2. DVDVideoSoft’s Free Screen Video Recorder
Best for – Best screen capture software to record Skype video calls
A free lightweight screen video recorder is a feature-rich but simple device from the same developer who created free conversion software. It records Skype conversations without limitations, making it useful for Skype meetings or online conference calls. You can also isolate different Windows applications and capture them as separate elements. A basic, user-friendly image editor is included that can be used to achieve a professional look.
- Provides an easy way to take a screenshot
- There are many ways to record your screen and video.
- This is suitable for recording Skype conversations
- The site provides step-by-step instructions
- Available in 10 languages
- Output formats include MP4, BMP, and TGA.
- Recording sound from a microphone only
- You may be interrupted by excessive ads
- It lacks a coherent interface and a built-in media player
- You may download unwanted software
- Users are not notified if there is a disconnection
Best for – This is the best screen recorder for your PC if you need to share screenshots online
ShareX is an open-source ad-free tool that offers almost as many advanced features as paid screen recorders. ShareX is primarily targeted at developers and power users. Therefore, an average user might become lost in the many advanced editors and tools.
- Record full screen, window, or monitor.
- Hotkeys are integrated for faster and easier navigation
- Many URL-sharing services supported
- Import existing videos, music, and photos
- Custom watermarks and color effects are possible
- There are many export options
- Game recordings with low video quality
- it is complicated for the average user
- There is no webcam recording
- Uploading large files was reported to have failed
- No video editor
Best for – Free screen recorder to create AVI video files
CamStudio is a great choice for occasional or one-time users who have minimal editing requirements. Open-source, lightweight screen recording software that creates videos in AVI format. These can be later converted to SWF. Although its simplicity appeals to many, some users need more development and technical support. It also offers minimal editing capabilities. You might also need additional video editing software.
- Makes a screen-in-screen video
- This program allows you to create small files
- Cursor customization
- High-quality options for video output
- Reports indicate that malware and viruses are being spread.
- Only outputs to AVI, with a Flash conversion
- Some browsers may not support output
- The audio is out of sync
- Inadequacy of animation and interactive features
Best for – This screen recording tool is perfect for creating quick videos and sharing them on YouTube
Ezvid is a screen recording program for free that claims to be the best in the world, This may not be far off the truth. Ezvid’s clarity and speed are enhanced by its efficiency were specifically created to save time. It will allow you to create and upload videos to YouTube in minutes. This tool is well-known among movie lovers and gamers who want to make YouTube videos as often as possible.
- Computer-generated speech is available for narrative purposes
- High-quality automatic resolution (1280x720p HD).
- Speed control of output videos
- Modern interface with a sleek design
- Upload YouTube instantly
- A selection of popular tracks is included
- Reviewers report extraneous noise
- Inconsistencies and minor bugs
- Fullscreen games are not available
6. iSpring Suite
Best for – This is a great solution to create screencasts, and tutorials and complete video courses.
iSpring Suite is an extremely easy-to-use tool that allows you to create screencasts with voiceovers and instructional videos with annotations. Screencasts can also be complemented by a video presenter. Editing a screencap can be done quickly: trim the clip, insert media objects, and annotations and create transition effects. This tool is ideal for creating software tutorials. It can automatically capture keystrokes, and clicks, and provide hints.
- You can record both a screencast and a webcam video simultaneously.
- Record a narration
- Multi-track timeline for video editing
- Add images, visual hints, and infographics to your captions
- Smooth scene transitions
- The recording is possible at any time without any time limitations
- Only mp4 video formats are available
- Very few interactive and animated features
Best for – An excellent screen recorder that allows you to take quizzes or interact with the screen
Camtasia provides a powerful tool for detail-oriented individuals. You can record audio and video one after the other, then combine them. Camtasia allows you to use animations, and video effects, and add overlays in a very flexible way. It is great that the tool releases regular updates and gets new features on a regular basis.
- Integrates a webcam
- Editing audio, video, and cursor tracks separately are possible
- Import existing videos, music, and photos.
- Your videos can be enhanced with captions, callouts, and quizzes
- Frame-by-frame editing
- A library of royalty-free music, sound effects, and sound effects
- The most expensive screen recorder
- Reports indicate that large and heavy projects are experiencing a slowdown
- Multi-track interface with lots of traffic
Also read: Top 10 Free PC Cleaning Software for Windows
8. Filmora Scrn
Best for – The best video capture software to stream and record games
Filmora Scrn is a trusted video recording software, that is loved by gamers. You can simultaneously record a webcam video and capture fast-paced scenes at 60 frames per second for Mac. You can also use the basic video editor to enhance the video’s look and the tutorial features to direct your attention to the most important items on the screen.
- Record simultaneously from your computer as well as from your webcam
- Exports and imports of more than 50 file formats
- Picture-шn-picture mode
- Frame rates from 15 to 120 FPS
- Supported formats include HD and 4k recording
- We lack advanced editing capabilities
- Notable performance improvement in games
- Reports of lag and freezing during editing
9. Movavi Screen Recorder
Best for – The best screen recorder to capture video calls, webinars, and other online events
Movavi screen recorder is an easy-to-use screen capture tool that allows you to capture desktop recordings, take screenshots, capture audio and save the recorded webcam footage as high-quality videos or GIFs and take screenshots. Your final video can be uploaded to YouTube or Google Drive and shared with your audience via social networks.
- Incorporates webcam
- You can record audio and screen simultaneously, or separately
- Video can be saved in HD and supported in multiple formats: AVI MP4, MOV, and MKV
- Make screenshots and edit them
- Allows scheduled recording
- Mouse display n the recording
- There are very few editing tools
- The trial version restricts recording time to 5 minutes
- Reports indicate that there are periodic crashes
10. My Screen Recorder Pro
Best for – Good Screencasting software for people who want to upload videos to their websites
My screen recorder pro is a powerful screen-capturing tool that allows you to capture a particular area of your computer’s screen. This includes the entire desktop and all menus. You can also record your webcam and mobile screen simultaneously in high-definition with the desktop screen. In addition to industry-standard AVI and WMV video formats, the screen recorder also saves video in WebM. This allows for easy distribution to your blog or website.
- You can record your webcam, mobile screen or desktop screen.
- Video output to AVI and WMV formats.
- Allows scheduled recording
- Upload recordings automatically to any FTP account
- You can securely monitor the screen when it is hidden
- Limited editing options
- There are no animations or transitions
How we tested the best screen recorders
This detailed review is being prepared by We installed each screen recorder on a computer to see how it performed. We were expecting to see the screen recording software we used to run smoothly on the PC, and that our videos would play flawlessly. We also compared the functionality of the tools, evaluated the ease of use and the user interface, and assessed how well each option met the needs of the target audience.