You’re here to learn how to sell on Facebook Marketplace. You’re in the right place Facebook users can sell unwanted items through garage sales, which is a great way to make extra money and get rid of them. There are some things that small business owners need to know if they want to sell on Facebook Marketplace.
This guide will walk you through the entire process. It will also show you how to sell on Facebook Marketplace. Let’s get started!
Benefits of Using Facebook Marketplace for Businesses?
Facebook Marketplace has a wide range of features that make it attractive for businesses of any size. These are five benefits that Facebook Marketplace offers businesses.
- Huge reach. Facebook boasts over 2 billion users. This gives businesses an enormous potential customer base. It would be extremely difficult and costly to try to attract the same amount of visitors to your website.
- It is easy to use. Both buyers and sellers will find the Facebook Marketplace easy to navigate. It’s easy to set up a listing and buyers can search for exactly what they need.
- Targeted advertising. Facebook Marketplace allows businesses the ability to target ads with great precision, which can result in a significant increase in sales. Listings can be targeted at specific locations, demographics, and interests.
- Lower fees. Facebook Marketplace doesn’t charge seller fees for items marked as shipped during the remaining 2022. Businesses will be able to keep more of your profits. Regular seller fees are 5% per shipment. If your shipment is less than $8, however, you will only be charged $0.40.
- It’s the ability to build trust. Facebook Marketplace is managed by a well-respected company. It helps to build trust with potential customers. This is particularly important for small businesses that may not yet have an online presence.
Facebook Marketplace Categories
Facebook Marketplace categories can be used to organize and categorize the items being sold.
This makes it easier to find the item you are looking for and for sellers to list your items in an easy-to-find manner. These are the main categories:
- Rent a property
- Get Free Stuff
- Garden & Outdoor
- Home Goods
- Home Improvement Supplies
- Home Sales
- Musical Instruments
- Office Supplies
- Pet Supplies
- Sporting Goods
- Toys and Games
How to Set Up Your Business’s Facebook Marketplace
It is easy to set up a Facebook Marketplace account and start selling. All you need is an existing Facebook page and an internet store. To get started–
Step 1: Setup shop on the Facebook Business Page
You will need to create your Facebook Shop as well as your Facebook Page before you can sell on Facebook Marketplace.
It is easy to create Facebook Pages and Shops. Set these up now to start selling online on Facebook Marketplace.
Step 2: Enable Shopping Checkout Feature
You will need an active shop and a commerce account to enable the Shopping Checkout Feature. There are three options for choosing your checkout method. There are three options for buyers to check out: via Facebook, Instagram, your site, or Facebook messenger.
You will need to visit the Commerce Manager and click on your shop name to select your checkout method. Click Settings on the left-hand side of your screen and then click Checkout Mode. Select the checkout method you prefer, follow any instructions on the screen, and then click Confirm.
Step 3: Add Facebook Marketplace to Your Facebook Shop as a Sales Channel
You will need to click on the shop name to add Facebook Marketplace to your sales channel. Next, click Settings. This will take you to the left-hand menu. Next, click on Business Assets to select the Enable Marketplace option.
Step 4: Advertise Your Store
You will need to visit the Commerce Manager and click on your shop name and the items you sell on Facebook Marketplace. There are many ways to advertise your store and its products on Facebook Marketplace. This is a good thing.
You can place ads for products and services on Facebook to target people most likely to be interested. Each of your products and services can be listed in the Facebook Marketplace. These listings will be available in the Marketplace tab of Facebook. This makes it easy for potential customers to find them.
You can also share your products and services in relevant Facebook buy-and-sell groups. These groups can be a great way for you to reach new customers and put your products in front of people who might not be familiar with your company.
Mobile Instructions to Set Up Facebook Marketplace With the Facebook App
It’s as simple as on a desktop to set up a marketplace listing for an online store. Here are some steps you should follow.
Step 1: Open the Facebook App
Open Facebook’s mobile app and sign up for a new account. Or login to the Facebook app.
Step 2: Tap on the Marketplace icon
After logging in, tap on the Marketplace icon. It looks like a shopfront. This will take you to the Marketplace home screen.
Step 3: Click on the “Sell” Button
You will find a button that says “Sell” on the Marketplace home screen. To create your listing, tap this button.
Step 4: Select Items under Create New Listing
You will have a variety of options when you tap Sell. You can choose Items to create a new listing if you are selling physical goods.
Step 5: Add Your Item Information
Once you have chosen to list an item, information about it will be requested. This information includes the item’s name, description, price, as well as photos. This will allow you to attract buyers.
Step 6: Publish Your Listing
Once you have added all the information about your item, it is time to publish your listing. To publish your listing, simply tap the Publish button at the bottom of the screen Now your listing will be available on Facebook Marketplace.
Also read: What is Facebook Pay: A Complete Guide?
Key Tips for Selling on Facebook Marketplace
It is no secret that selling has seen a significant change in the past few years. Online marketplaces like Facebook Marketplace allow buyers and sellers to connect more easily than ever before.
To succeed in this environment, you will need to have a new set of skills than the ones required in the past.
These are five tips to help you create a successful marketplace listing that allows you to sell your items like a professional.
- High-quality images are essential. You need high-quality images to sell products on Facebook Marketplace. If possible, use professional photos and take the time to make them look great.
- Create an attractive title and description on the Facebook marketplace. The title and description of your listing are what convince potential buyers to click it. Make sure they are clear, concise, and accurate. Keyword-rich language should accurately describe your product and its features.
- Your items should be priced competitively. You must price your items competitively in order to sell them. Do your research to find out what products similar are selling on other marketplaces.
- Offer special deals and discounts. Customers love to get a great deals so make sure you offer special offers and discounts whenever possible. You could get a discount or free shipping.
- Provide excellent customer service. It’s crucial to offer excellent customer service once you have closed a sale. Being responsive to buyers’ questions and concerns, responding promptly, and going the extra mile to ensure they are satisfied with their purchase is
Best Practices for Selling on Facebook Marketplace?
It is crucial to be aware of the Facebook Marketplace rules and best practices as a seller.
Listings must contain a clear description of the item and be priced in US Dollars. Listings must not contain inappropriate or offensive content. The seller is responsible for shipping the item.
What can Businesses do to Respond Positively to Buyers’ Inquiries on Facebook Marketplace?
The best way to reply to potential buyers who contact a business via Facebook Marketplace is through the Facebook messenger application
This allows the seller and buyer to have a private conversation that can easily be monitored.
Aside from the fact that you can respond through Facebook’s messenger app, both parties have access to important documents such as invoices or order information.