It is important to understand and recognize the various solutions available for cloud security products (cloud security companies) to reduce risk and increase security. These are some of them:
- Cloud access security brokers (CASBs): The primary category of cloud security solutions are cloud security broker (CASBs) platforms that monitor activity and enforce cloud-access security policies. Our guide to the top CASB vendor provides more information on CASB vendors.
- Security-defined computing (SDC): One of the most recent categories. Sometimes referred to as Cloud Native security. These security solutions for cloud computing are designed to protect containers as well as Kubernetes running in cloud deployments.
- Cloud workload security platforms: Cloud workload protection technologies are compatible with both virtual machines and cloud infrastructure and provide monitoring and threat prevention capabilities.
- Security as a Service: Many types of security technologies and saas security companies can be delivered from the cloud to protect both on-premises workloads and cloud ones. These solutions include vulnerability scanning and management features.
Noting that all the major cloud providers (Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform) have their own cloud security controls and services that can be enabled by organizations is also important.
How to choose a cloud security technology (cloud security companies)
It can be difficult and time-consuming to choose the right offering amongst the many options. There are several important considerations when considering cloud security.
- Scope: It is important to know what’s at-risk and what the organization wants to protect. Often, several services are required to protect a whole cloud deployment.
- Policy Integration: It is crucial to ensure that any cloud security solution integrates with existing policies systems.
- Multicloud Protection: It is vital that organizations can work with multiple cloud providers, cloud security providers, and different deployment types, as not everyone wants to be tied to one cloud or vendor.
Top cloud security companies (cloud security vendors)
CloudPassage’s Halo platform, a cloud workload protection platform, is suitable for all sizes of organizations. He is on the list of the best cloud security companies in cloud workload protection.
- CloudPassage Halo is one platform that offers three SKUs, namely Halo Cloud Secure (Halo Server Secure), Halo Container Secure (Halo Container Secure), and Halo Cloud Secure (Halo Cloud Secure). Each of these three licenses can be sorted by their usage level.
- CloudPassage provides automated compliance monitoring and security visibility for workloads running in any hybrid, public, or on-premises environment.
- These features include file integrity monitoring, cloud security software vulnerability assessment, and log-based intrusion detection.
- CloudPassage’s automated approach to identifying when and if a workload or configuration is outside of its policies is a key differentiation.
FireEye is well-known for its excellent customer service. incident response The company also has investigation and detection capabilities. However, the company has expanded into cloud security in recent times. FireEye provides cloud server workload protection from threats.
- FireEye’s FireEye Cloud Security Solution was announced in October 2019. It includes cloud versions of FireEye Network Security and Detection On-Demand security scanning as well as the
- FireEye Helix security operations platform.
- FireEye’s virtual network security capabilities are a major advantage. It allows organizations to have full visibility into traffic at a deep level.
- FireEye’s Helix data analytics platform, which benefits from its Mandiant incident response expertise, is another area of expertise in threat analytics.
- The Detection on Demand capability allows users to apply security controls for any AWS cloud service.
Lacework, a cloud workload security solution, and compliance solution is well-suited for organizations that are looking for a visual approach for cloud security. They are the best cloud security companies in providing cloud security platforms.
- The Polygraph feature of Lacework is a significant differentiator. It provides a visual representation that shows relationships between account roles, workloads, and APIs. This helps to provide better context.
- Lacework monitors cloud workloads for security and compliance concerns.
- The automated workload intrusion detection capability, which is powered by machine learning to reduce risks, is of particular importance.
- The platform also offers guidance and support for configuration best practices.
McAfee offers a wide range of cloud security capabilities including CASB. data loss prevention (DLP) Prevention of threats
- McAfee’s MVISION Cloud is now partnered with Amazon Detective. This Amazon Web Services (AWS), the offering was announced at the 2019 re: invent conference. It helps users identify and fix cloud security issues.
- McAfee acquired Skyhigh Networks in 2017 and has since then been able to use CASB as one of its core components.
- McAfee’s strong data loss prevention capabilities are a major advantage. Policy control extends to all cloud resources.
- Cloud security risk understanding is another key feature. Trust ratings can be used to inform security policies.
Qualys’ cloud platform includes multiple modules that enable cloud security in different ways, such as compliance and vulnerability scanning.
- Qualys’ Web Application Scanning module provides web apps with automatic scanning capabilities to detect and rank security flaws.
- Qualys’ compliance module scans all devices to determine compliance status. This is a great differentiator.
- Compliance is about best practices. The Policy Compliance module automates security configuration assessments for both on-premises assets and cloud assets.
6. Palo Alto Networks
Palo Alto Networks offers one of the best cloud-native security platforms on the market. It has deep capabilities that can help organizations with their workload security.
- Palo Alto Networks has launched the Prisma Cloud platform, which is a Cloud-Native Security Platform (CNSP).
- Prisma is a combination of components from several companies Palo Alto Network acquired in recent years. These include evident.io RedLock PureSec TwistLock and TwistLock. It provides
- cloud workload policy, threat detection, and control, as well as container and cloud workload policy.
- Palo Alto has the ability to ensure an end-to-end cloud-native deployment with full cloud workload visibility.
- Vulnerability Management and Runtime Protection against Threats are two other important features for Prisma Cloud users.
Symantec offers multiple cloud security functions in its portfolio, including workload protection as well as CASB. Symantec is listed among the top cloud security companies.
- Symantec is currently undergoing several shifts after Broadcom acquired the enterprise business unit that includes the best cloud security.
- Cloud Workload Protection can identify and assess security risks associated with workloads that are running in the public clouds.
- Cloud Workload Assurance by Symantec is a distinct feature. It provides automatic compliance reporting and remediation. You can also benchmark the security posture of a configuration.
- According to analysts Gartner and Forrester, the CloudSOC CASB is one leading cloud access security broker technology.
Tenable has a long track record in the vulnerability management industry, and now it extends to cloud computing security companies to help organizations of all sizes protect workloads.
- Tenable offers multiple services through its cloud-based platform tenable.io, which includes web application scanning, container security, cloud-based security, and asset management.
- Tenable .io’s key differentiation is its ability to identify assets, their vulnerabilities, and give organizations visibility into cloud risk.
- It is important to be able to spot potential misconfigurations.
9. Trend Micro
Trend Micro is a leader in hybrid cloud security. Trend Micro helps organizations unify policies across on-premises as well as public cloud deployments.
- Trend Micro Cloud One is a robust platform that integrates workload storage, network security, and compliance capabilities.
- Trend Micro’s workload security feature is a major differentiator since it provides the same protection and policy to multiple deployment modes, including private and public clouds.
- Trend Micro offers virtual vulnerability patching to assist in reducing risks.
- Security can be codified using templates that conform to leading security standards and can be deployed with AWS CloudFormation templates.
VMware offers multiple cloud security capabilities, including Cloudhealth and Secure State. It is a cloud security company.
- CloudHealth was acquired by VMware in 2018. It was expanded in 2019 to offer deeper integration with VMware workloads and the public cloud.
- CloudHealth offers cloud governance features that help organizations ensure compliance with regulatory and security requirements.
- VMware Secure State provides multi-cloud security posture management that focuses primarily on configuration security.
- Secure State can provide valuable insights on security risks associated with connections between cloud objects or services. This can pose a significant risk to organizations.