DDoS protection is essential in today’s world of software testing. DDoS stands for Distributed Denial of Service. DDoS attacks can cause damage to your business by slowing down the website’s performance or web applications. Here are listed the top 10 DDoS protection services
This attack is not intended to steal any information and it will not affect security. It is intended to reduce website performance and take it down.
Top 10 DDoS Protection Services
This article lists the top free and paid DDoS protection services.
Link11 is a top IT security provider that focuses on DDoS protection of websites and IT infrastructures.
The company was established in 2005 and has its headquarters in Frankfurt, Germany. Link11 provides DDoS protection at the highest level to ensure business continuity for customers.
The cloud-based protection system is fully automated and employs artificial intelligence to provide a highly advanced approach. The company can guarantee its customers’ availability at all times, without the need for human interaction.
Link11 provides 360deg DDoS protection to websites and IT infrastructure. Traffic is routed through Link11’s global network of servers when the patent-pending solution has been implemented. The Link11 DDoS protection protects against malicious traffic and acts as an all-in-one solution.
Link11 has the fastest time to mitigate (TTM), on the market, for any attack vector. It uses a highly-innovative and intelligent filter technique. This takes just 0-10 seconds. Even unknown attack vectors can be detected and mitigated instantly.
- Patent-pending 360deg DDoS protection for all layers (3-7) in real-time
- Unlimitable protection for attack duration
- High-quality, 24×7 support available in Europe
- Full automation allows for the elimination of human error.
- Performance and availability due to the always-on protection
- All DDoS attack vectors, even new ones, can be mitigated in under 10 seconds.
- It is simple and quick to set up (even when under continuous attack).
Also read: Top 10 Free and Open-Source SIEM Software
AppTrana is, a cloud-based managed WAF and DDoS/bot protection and website acceleration service that allows customers to get:
- Security assessment for unlimited applications on-demand
- DDoS protection and protection against application attacks
- Site acceleration using a bundled CDN
- Monitoring and 24-hour management of custom policies and updates
The company’s headquarters is in India, with offices in Bengaluru and Vadodara in Mumbai, Delhi, and San Francisco. Their services are used worldwide by more than 1100 customers in 25+ countries.
- Unlimited web application security assessment using a bundled app security scanner
- Zero downtime onboarding is required in just minutes. Managed WAF can be deployed instantly in block mode with no false positives.
- Managed offering includes unlimited custom rules and 24×7 support
- Layer 3-7 instant managed DDoS protection
- No credit card needed to get started
- Application security scanning is free for one year
3. SolarWinds Security Event Manager (SEM)
SolarWinds is a solution that monitors event logs from many sources to detect and prevent DDoS activity. SEM makes the most of community-sourced lists that include known bad actors.
This will allow you to easily identify potential interactions with command and control servers. SEM reviews logs from many sources such as IDS/IPS servers, firewalls, authentication services, etc. to determine if they are consistent, normalized, and reviewed.
SEM stores logs and other events in encrypted and compressed formats and records them in an unalterable, read-only format. It will serve as a source of truth in post-breach investigations, DDoS mitigation, and other purposes.
- SEM offers automated responses that can be used to send an alert, block an IP address, or close
- down an account. These automated responses will ensure that suspicious activity is not missed.
- This tool allows you to set these options up without the need for complex scripts.
- It allows you to easily customize your searches for specific times, accounts/IPs, or combinations of parameters.
- It is easy to use with a drag-and-drop interface.
- It reacts immediately to communications and suspicious activity.
The company was founded in 2010 and has its headquarters in the United States of America. This company was founded by Daniel B. Cid.
- 24*7 support.
- Malware protection support after an attack
- Installations not required
- Cloud-based system.
- It improves the site’s performance.
- Website protection with a Firewall
- It blocks spam from being added to the list and removes them. This is also known as Blacklist Removal.
It offers Disaster Recovery, as shown in the screenshot below.
It is an American-based company, with headquarters in San Francisco, CA.
The company was founded in 2009. Their offices are located in London, Singapore, and Champaign as well as Austin, Boston, Boston, and Washington. They offer solutions for websites, eCommerce stores, mobile apps, APIs, and SaaS products. These are the best DDoS protection services.
- The basic plan includes unlimited mitigation against DDoS attacks, SSL certificates, and other features.
- Some features can be purchased from the dashboard.
- The Pro plan includes all of the features found in the basic plan as well as additional features.
- The Business plan includes all of the features and additional features that are included in the Pro plan.
- The same applies to the Enterprise plan.
6. Imperva Incapsula
The company was founded in 2009 and has its headquarters in Redwood Shores in Redwood City, CA. It offers solutions for DDoS attacks and content caching. It’s a cloud-based solution.
Features: You will receive the features that you select for your plan.
This plan includes:
- Web application security – however, this will not give any custom security rules.
- Content delivery network – but it will not include the features of Custom cache headers and Application delivery rules.
- This plan does not include traffic monitoring rules. Real-time reporting is not possible.
Support for IPv6 & TLS
7. Prolexic Solutions
This American company has its headquarters in Cambridge.
The company offers solutions for Web performance, network operations, and Web security.
It provides solutions for many industries, including software & technology, gaming, and financial services. Prolexic Solutions is Akamai’s solution for dealing with DDoS attacks.
- You can choose the protection options that best suit your needs. This feature allows you to protect both web and IP-based applications.
- DDoS attacks can be defended 24 hours a day with our support team.
- This company will offer you SLAs (Service Level Agreements), if a DDoS attack occurs. These agreements provide the consistency and time needed to reduce its impact.
- DDoS Support will give you more options to deal with and defeat the DDoS attack.
- You can choose to add additional features that are not required.
Also read: Top 5 Network Traffic Monitoring Tools
8. Aws Shield
It is headquartered in Seattle, WA. AWS Shield offers protection for DNS, Web apps, and APIs. It is cloud-based. AWS is best known for its cloud computing.
Features: AWS Shield offers two plans, AWS Shield Standard or Advanced. Let’s take a look at the different plans.
AWS Shield Standard
- It monitors all traffic that comes towards AWS in order to detect or catch anything malicious.
- AWS Shield Standard offers automated mitigation techniques.
- Protection of the Network and Transport Layers
AWS Shield Advance
- Support for DDoS attacks 24 hours a day
- This will notify you via notification about the DDoS attack. This will provide real-time information. All
- details of analysis, investigation, and other activities will be visible.
- This plan will provide you with advanced techniques to attack mitigation.
- Protection by Application Layer
The Company was founded in 1995 and has its headquarters in Reston (Virginia), USA. It has offices throughout North America, India, Australia, China, and Switzerland. Verisign offers security solutions such as DDoS protection or DNS services.
- Expert support is available 24 hours a day
- It improves performance.
- It can be installed and configured with existing networks at no additional cost.
- Any suspicious activity will be reported to the network. This will assist in protecting your network.
10. Azure DDoS Protection
Microsoft Azure is a computer program that allows you to use cloud computing services.
It was launched in 2010. It is compatible with both Windows and Linux Operating Systems. All Azure applications are protected against DDoS attacks by Azure DDoS services. this platform provides the best DDoS protection services.
Features: The above screenshot shows the features of this service.
Final Thoughts — Choose the DDoS protection services
We trust that you found the above-mentioned list of top DDoS protection service providers useful.
All services offer almost identical features. I still recommend Imperva Incapsula because they offer a comprehensive list of features as well as plans. Their pricing plans are also affordable.