We will be examining the most recommended IoT cloud platforms for development. IoT Cloud platforms combine the capabilities of many different technologies IoT Devices and cloud computing as an end-to-end solution. Let’s get started!
Top 10 IoT Cloud Platforms
1. Thingworx 8 IoT platform
Thingworx provides easy connectivity for devices. It allows you to enjoy the connected world of today. Thingworx 8, a faster and easier cloud internet of things platform that allows you to create, deploy, extend, and maintain industrial apps and projects, is Thingworx 8.
PTC has created Thingworx, an IoT cloud platform for enterprise app development. It has the following basic features:
- Connectivity with electronic devices like RFIDs and sensors is easy
- Once you’re done with the setup, you can work remotely
- Pre-built widgets to the dashboard
- Eliminate Complexity
- Machine learning integrated
- Easy web page designs for customers
- Devices are easy to use
- Simple connectivity solutions
- C# custom programs are difficult to use
- Complex systems are difficult to manage.
- It is not possible to install an edge program on a customized platform.
2. Microsoft Azure IoT Suite
Microsoft Azure offers multiple services for creating IoT solutions. Pre-built connected solutions increase your productivity and profitability. It analyses untapped data to transform businesses. It provides solutions from a small PoC to rolling out your ideas. Azure Suite allows you to quickly analyze and take action on new data.
Azure IoT Suite provides features like:
- Register your device easily
- Rich Integration with, Oracle and WebSphere,
- Dashboards and visualization
- Live to stream
- Third-party services offered
- Secure and scalable
- High availability
- Management is required
- There is no support for bugs
3. Google Cloud’s IoT Platform
Google’s platform is one of the most powerful platforms currently available. Google offers an integrated platform that provides Internet-of-Things solutions. It makes it easy to connect, store and manage IoT data. This platform will help you scale your business.
Their primary focus is to make things simple and quick. Google Cloud pricing is per minute, which makes it more affordable than other platforms.
Google Cloud’s IoT Platform provider features such as:
- Provides huge storage
- Server maintenance costs can be cut
- A fully protected, intelligent, responsive IoT data platform can help you run your business
- It is efficient and easily scalable
- Analyze big data
- Fastest input/output
- Access time is shorter
- Integrates with other Google services
- The majority of the components are Google technologies
- There are limited programming languages available
4. IBM Watson IoT Platform
IBM Watson is a powerful platform supported by IBM’s Bluemix development platform and hybrid cloud PaaS (platform-as-a-service) platform. They make it easy for beginners by providing sample apps and interfaces to IoT services. Their sample is easy to use and allows you to test it out. This makes it stand apart from other platforms.
IBM Watson IoT Platform provides features like:
- Real-time data exchange
- Secure Communication
- Cognitive systems
- Recent additions: Weather data and data sensor
- Untapped data can be processed
- Massive amounts of data to be managed
- Customer service improvements
- You will need to do a lot of maintenance.
- Take your time to integrate Watson
- Switching costs are high
5. AWS IoT Platform
Amazon made it easier for developers to collect data via sensors and Internet-connected devices. They assist you in collecting and sending data to the cloud and then analyze the information to allow you to manage devices. It is the best IoT cloud platform because Even if they are not connected to the internet, you can still interact with your app. it is the best IoT cloud platforms.
AWS Internet of Things platform provides features like:
- Device management
- Secure gateway for devices
- Authentication and encryption
- Device shadow
- Excellent integration with the iaas offering.
- The price of the house has dropped in six years
- Flexible and open
- AWS requires a lot of learning
- Three outages within the past 2 years
- Unsecure for critical enterprise applications
6. Cisco IoT Cloud Connect
Cisco Internet of Things facilitates digital transformation and data actions. Cisco Internet of Things Cloud Connect offers a cloud-based, mobile suite. It provides solutions for mobile operators that enable them to deliver an exceptional IoT experience. It provides flexible deployment options for your devices.
Cisco Cloud Connect provides features like:
- Voice and data connectivity
- Report on IP and device sessions
- Billing can be customized
- Flexible deployment options
7. Salesforce IoT Cloud
Salesforce Thunder powers Salesforce IoT Cloud service. It collects data from IoT service platforms and applications. Salesforce and IoT deliver better customer service.
Salesforce IoT Cloud provides features like:
- Data collection enhanced
- Improved customer engagement
- Real-time event processing
- Technology optimization
- You can scale up to billions of messages and devices.
- Simple UI designs that connect customers.
- Security liability
- Limitations on flexibility
8. Kaa IoT Platform
Kaa, an open-source, multi-purpose middleware platform that allows for IoT development of smart devices and complete IoT development, is available. It lowers risk, costs, and time to market. Kaa also offers IoT cloud solutions that are easily integrated and used in IoT applications.
Kaa IoT Platform provides features like:
- Reduce development time
- free open source IoT cloud platform
- Simple and straightforward device implementation
- Marketing time can be reduced
- Manage millions of devices
- Use it quickly
- Integration by third parties
- Data security
- IoT PaaS models are not available for deployment
9. Oracle IoT Platform
Oracle provides real-time Internet of Things data analytics, endpoint management, and high-speed messaging. Users can receive real-time notifications directly from their devices. Oracle IoT cloud service (IoT Platform as a Service, PaaS), is a cloud-based offering that assists you in making critical business decisions.
Oracle IoT Platform provides features like:
- Secure and scalable
- Real-time insights
- Markets are faster
- Device visualization
- High speed messaging
- Event store
10. Thingspeak IoT Platform
Thingspeak allows you to store and collect sensor data in the cloud. You can use it to visualize and analyze your data in Matlab. To send sensor data, you can use Arduino, Raspberry Pi, and Beaglebone. To store data, you can create a separate channel.
Thingspeak provides features like:
- Private channels for data collection
- App integration
- Event scheduling
- MATLAB Analytics and Visualization
- Channels get free hosting
- Easy visualization
- Additional features available for Ruby, Node.js, and Python
- API data upload limit
- ThingSpeak API is a daunting task for newbies