Definition of enterprise information management
Enterprise information management (EIM), is the combination of business intelligence, analytics, and content management to optimize, store and process data within an organization. EIM software allows organizations to manage structured or unstructured data across their business operations, extract valuable business insight, and secure that information while meeting compliance regulations, all on one platform — at the enterprise level.
Information management solutions are intended to increase efficiency, promote transparency, and enable business insight by leveraging software solutions that can be used to extract value from information.
Why do businesses need EIM tools?
Most organizations are facing increased unstructured data, new regulations, and organizational growth drivers like customer service and process improvements, and they must ensure data security and efficiency while reducing costs.
EIM solutions provide a cost-effective, efficient infrastructure with minimal IT support. They also offer seamless upgrades and access to cloud-based data throughout the organization.
- One platform: A single platform is used to build content applications that complement other core business systems.
- Low-code configuration: Reduces costs, saves time and eliminates departmental silos by creating content-enabled solutions with a low-code platform for application development
- Access anywhere: anytime: Available on the cloud or mobile devices. It integrates seamlessly into existing apps for seamless access from any location.
What are the benefits of EIM capabilities?
Information management is based upon the principle that data can be turned into information and then converted into action and value. It is a constant challenge because very few organizations are able to extract all the value from their data. Organizations need to use new technologies in order to unlock the potential of information. EIM fills this gap.
EIM software is able to combine all of these applications into one integrated platform. This allows large organizations to eliminate silos. EIM software provides tools and capabilities that enable organizations to effectively capture, integrate, and manage data, which allows them to optimize business processes and gain critical insights for business decisions.
EIM solutions allow businesses to:
- Improvements in the management of information across all business operations
- Use data insights to improve visibility in business processes and operations
- Automate business processes for increased efficiency and productivity and to drive engagement
- Allow access to real-time data for a better customer experience
- Ensure data safety and legal compliance
EIM tools and capabilities
It is crucial to optimize the use of information in order to support decision-making and daily operations that require knowledge. In the future, there will be a significant increase in demand for real-time information. From changing business models to better data management to greater mobility in the workforce, Data analytics is an integral part of data and information management. They provide valuable insights into company processes as well as customer data.
In today’s fragmented information environment, it is crucial to be able to find the right information and manage it efficiently. An EIM platform offers many intelligent tools and capabilities, including:
- Capture – Faster, easier, and better access to critical content automatically extracts the data from incoming documents and captures it from different sources and formats. It then makes it immediately accessible throughout the enterprise.
- Business Process Management – Optimizes business processes with automated workflows. It streamlines and simplifies approval processes and gives visibility into business processes via dashboards and real-time status updates.
- Integration – Your employees can access the information they need through their favorite application by integrating with key applications seamlessly. Integrating your applications will ensure
- that all data is consistent, accurate, and up-to-date across your systems.
Retention management – Helps to minimize risks and ensure compliance by securely storing and protecting information according to regulations. To ensure that your content is secure throughout its lifecycle, you can use tools such as digital signatures, version control, keyword encryption, and keyword encryption.
- Reporting & analytics – Delivers transparency across your enterprise through real-time reporting, analytics, and interactive dashboards.
Conclusion – Enterprise information management
EIM solutions are part of a holistic platform for content services that connect content with digital business solutions. This helps increase productivity, and efficiency, and drive transformation within the organization.
Enterprise information system allows you to manage your cases, content, and processes. This solution consolidates critical business information in one secure location that is easily accessible from any device. It can increase productivity, improve processes, and reduce risks throughout your enterprise.