Microsoft MyAnalytics (formerly Delve Analytics) is an application that helps employees and managers to gain insight into their workers’ time and optimize their tasks. MyAnalytics can be found in the Office 365 cloud-based collection of productivity apps. It can keep track of data like time spent in meetings, Microsoft Outlook email, productivity, and time spent working later.
MyAnalytics is a popular application in human resource circles. The goal of the app is to improve employee productivity, efficiency, and satisfaction in the workplace. This application uses analytics to track worker tasks and improve the work efficiency of all employees. MyAnalytics is able to create dashboards and reports based on the productivity of a worker. This data can be used to optimize worker processes and staffing configurations by combining it with other applications such as talent management, human resource management, and continuous performance monitoring.
MyAnalytics only uses data already stored in the user’s email and calendar. This means that it doesn’t collect any additional information about user habits. MyAnalytics could theoretically be used by users to automate the process of collecting and analyzing all of this data. You can add the application to Office 365 for $4 a month or an Enterprise E5 plan.
You can track your time using the Microsoft MyAnalytics App. Microsoft breaks down these tasks into several categories: meeting hours, email hours, and focus hours. It also provides a summary of who is in the user’s network, as well as a time overview.
- Time overview is a tool that allows users to see how they are spending their time. It summarizes all work meetings, emails, and work hours in one place.
- The network section focuses on analyzing the people a user works with, such as top collaborators.
Meetings allow users to view their time in meetings and how they manage it. This is especially useful if multitasking is a problem.
- An email will display how much time users spend emailing other people. Outlook also offers an add-on to this function. This add-on will display activity cards that are based on users’ recent work experience.
- Microsoft defines focus hours to be time spent outside of meetings. Focus hours are defined by
- Microsoft as at least two hours consecutively spent outside of meetings.
- Microsoft uses After Hours to show how long a user works after work. This function can be used by users to track their work-life balance.
What is the secret to it?
The MyAnalytics “Home” page is the main dashboard and will display statistics about the user’s past month. Data insights can also be customized through configuration settings, so users can choose which data points they want to track.
MyAnalytics consolidates data from Microsoft Outlook and Skype For Business apps as well as Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Exchange, and Exchange Online. The data is stored in the user’s mailbox to ensure it receives the same protection as the email.
MyAnalytics aggregates data including:
- Email data – includes email body text, metadata, and data about the actions taken by the recipient.
- Calendar data – including user status, such as whether the user is available, busy, or out of the office. Also, appointment and meeting information like type, duration, and the number of participants.
- Skype for Business and Teams data – including audio and video calls, collaboration activities, and chats.
- SharePoint and OneDrive data – This includes documents that a user has created on each platform.
MyAnalytics uses AI (AI), and Machine Learning. It draws from data generated by workers’ behavior and interaction with different applications within the Office 365 suite.
MyAnalytics can track who a worker is most frequently seen with and make suggestions about connections within the company that could be helpful or offers related material for meetings based on their attendees. MyAnalytics records the hours worked during the day and the time spent at work after-hours. Each user is then given patterns. The app will then provide recommendations on how to make a worker’s work more efficient and free up time.
Potential benefits and concerns
MyAnalytics offers the following benefits:
- Receive data-driven suggestions to improve your workflow
- Increased insight into collaborators, and user networks
- A weekly email digest that includes suggestions and information to help users understand their work habits;
- Outlook add-on for viewing email statistics from within Outlook
- Here are some actionable insights into how much time you spend on what each month.
- The potential to increase productivity
Workers, managers, and industry observers expressed concern that employees’ tasks were being monitored. Many worries that employees’ tasks could be monitored, including opening emails, meeting requests, and creating documents. This can lead to employee privacy violations, as well as the collection of data that could justify a negative performance review. Microsoft does not install an agent to monitor a user’s activities. MyAnalytics only stores data that users can access from their own applications. Microsoft also tries to ensure that users’ data remains private.
How to access MyAnalytics from Outlook
When you purchase a MyAnalytics Plan, the add-on for MyAnalytics in Outlook is automatically installed. Users should see the “Insights” icon on Outlook’s Home ribbon. This icon should appear at the top right. This icon is MyAnalytics.Clicking on the icon will show users insights about emails, after-hours work, and an option for adding contacts. There is also an option to book focus times.
You can set task reminders, and you have the option to view a list of shared OneDrive or SharePoint documents.
How to delete the MyAnalytics “Insights” icon from Outlook
You have the option of opting out of MyAnalytics altogether or in segments. All users can opt back in at a later time. To delete the Outlook add-on and the insights icon from your dashboard, you must first open it and click the settings icon at the top of the page. Click “Insights Outlook Add-in” and then select settings under MyAnalytics. The user will be able to turn off the option from this page.