Datadog is a great tool for developers, DevOps teams, and SREs. Datadog is suitable for all cloud applications, regardless of their size. Datadog’s powerful capabilities aside, many businesses are not making use of it. Are you one of them?
- Do you want to see how new features affect user experience?
- You can see right away the root cause of an issue in your dashboard without having to dig around.
- Do you manage Jira tickets in Datadog directly?
Datadog’s integrations make it stand out. However, using them to make Datadog even more powerful can be difficult as there are over 500 tools available.
Based on the recommendations of several DevOps experts, we’ve selected five Datadog integrations to increase your team’s efficiency.
What is Datadog?
Datadog is an observability platform that offers monitoring, security, application performance monitoring (APM), and analytics. It can monitor your cloud and on-premises infrastructures and helps to maintain high system performance and uptime. Datadog supports all development operations, including security and scaling. Datadog can:
- You can monitor the performance of your apps
- Facilitate troubleshooting
- Optimize performance
- Monitor logs are placed in context to allow for better analysis
Top 5 Effective Datadog Integrations
Datadog dashboards are extremely useful for monitoring an application’s overall health. However, sometimes the dashboard will show a problem and you need to go through logs manually in order to find out what caused it. This can be time-consuming and requires special skills. This is made easier by the Zebrium Datadog integration.
Zebrium is a root-cause-as-a-service (RCaaS) platform that uses unsupervised machine learning (ML) on logs. It doesn’t need manual training or any human-built rules. All it needs is your logs. It simply ingests logs to automatically find the root cause for software and infrastructure issues.
Zebrium Datadog Integration
Zebrium RCaaS for Datadog is an ML-based integration that augments any Datadog dashboard. If there is any type of software or infrastructure problem, Zebrium automatically displays the root cause directly in your dashboard, saving DevOps/SRE/engineering teams hours of manual work.
- Datadog dashboards automatically display a problem detection when there is one. A click will bring up a set of log lines that can be used to explain the root cause.
- It takes just a few seconds to get started. Zebrium can achieve accuracy with no manual training in less than 24 hours.
- Cisco recently conducted a customer case study and found that Zebrium automatically found the root cause of over 95% of incidents.
If you are a Zebrium SaaS user, you may be interested in integrating Zebrium with Datadog immediately. You can also try Zebrium for free to find out how it can help you.
Also read: 8 Best Free Dashboard Software for 2022
Application performance issues can cause slowdowns and unacceptable downtime. Datadog can integrate Sentry a tool that tracks frontend and backend issues, to help you monitor them both.
Sentry Datadog Integration
Sentry with Datadog allows you to consolidate exceptions and search for them in graphs. You can also share comments with your team. You can now focus on improving the performance of your system and debugging issues with a quick overview of any real-time exceptions.
- Detect exceptions in streams in real-time
- Look for exceptions in your graphs.
- Use the handy comment functionality to collaborate on debugging.
- This document explains how to integrate Sentry and Datadog.
DevOps must have a resilient testing mechanism. Gremlin is a secure, performance-oriented application delivery system.
Gremlin is a Failure-as-a-Service (FaaS), tool. It can help you identify critical failures in advance and speed up incident resolution. Its ability to improve the resilience of distributed systems makes it a top choice for chaos engineering.
Gremlin Datadog Integration
Integrate Gremlin and Datadog, Datadog allows you to view, pause and re-run simulation attacks. You can also add context to Datadog workflow failures. Gremlin is a great tool to test the behavior of your network when it’s in chaos.
You can monitor attacks, implement better infrastructure security practices and troubleshoot efficiently with the graph and timeline views.
- You can increase confidence in your system by failing to test it through re-running or halting attacks.
- Control chaos monitoring with insight and control
- Keep up-to-date as new attack libraries are constantly being added.
Software development teams need ticket management. Connecting with Jira can make project tracking easier if you are using Datadog.
Jira software is an important tool for Agile software development for cycle and releases planning. IT helpdesks and DevOps teams use it to track proprietary issues.
Jira Datadog Integration
You can use Jira to create, update and resolve Jira tickets about Datadog events or issues from Datadog. Your engineers will have access to all data, so there’s no need for you to sync or document the details.
Jira issues may be created manually using your Datadog account or you can create a metric with conditions to automate the process. You can also modify Jira issues from within the Datadog dashboard. This ensures that all tools are in sync and you don’t have to switch between them.
- You can create and manage Datadog tickets from Jira.
- Collaborate more effectively.
- Easily sync operations.
LaunchDarkly for Datadog is a must-have Integration If you want to ship specific features in a release and want to make sure they lead to improvements in your product. This is an essential tool for rolling out deployment strategies.
LaunchDarkly’s feature impact monitoring helps reduce production risk. So developers can monitor the impact of every feature on their software and the end-user experience to ensure stable releases.
LaunchDarkly Datadog Integration
This integration lets you monitor feature deployments so that you are aware of any issues and can clearly see any performance metrics that indicate a negative impact.
LaunchDarkly and Datadog allow you to monitor every feature in your application individually, making it easier for you to identify and fix performance problems or errors. This can reduce developer time and effort, and increase productivity.
- Monitor feature deployments and applications.
- Flags are activated when performance falls below a threshold.
- Pin LaunchDarkly widget onto your Datadog dashboard
Datadog allows you to monitor all aspects of your applications, services, and systems. Datadog’s extensive integrations make it easy to aggregate metrics and events across your entire DevOps stack. It can be difficult to know which tools are most valuable. There are auto-discovery and automation, automation, Kubernetes, and logs. Also, there is orchestration, processing security, monitoring, testing, caching, Cloud, IoT, and testing.
This list only highlights five Datadog integrations that are sure to save your team time and effort. Our list contains ways to improve issue tracking, root cause detection, feature impact monitoring, and error tracking.