Warehouse management software helps to manage inventory and fulfillment from warehouse/customer. Integrating WMS software for small businesses is becoming more important as online stores grow. Consumers expect seamless returns and ease of purchase in today’s omnichannel economy. This is why businesses need fulfillment capabilities.
Recent reports showed that the United States has approximately 30.7 million small-business owners. The ones that are able to manage their operations effectively and lower costs are the ones that succeed. The warehouse management program was designed to meet these needs. Let’s first look at the best warehouse management software for small businesses.
What is Warehouse Management Software?
It’s okay to use spreadsheets for inventory management when a company is just starting. However, spreadsheets can become tedious and cumbersome as businesses grow. It is more important than ever to identify growth opportunities and cut costs. Warehouse management software allows you to keep better track of inventory and automate warehouse operations. This will allow you to focus on the most important decisions. They can improve efficiency and create customer delight. You must decide which features are most beneficial to your business before you can choose the best system.
Let’s look at some of the benefits for small businesses.
Benefits of Warehouse Management Software
Small business warehouse management software can be integrated into a supply chain management or enterprise resource planning suite, or used as a standalone module. It can help streamline business operations. Many solutions offer:
- Save Money: Tools such as vendor-managed inventory, demand reporting, and forecasting make sure that products aren’t wasted.
- Reducing Human Error: Features such as barcoding reduce human error and make warehouse operations such as sorting, picking, and counting, smoother.
- Serve Customers: Cuts down on the time it takes to pack, ship and pick up products. This allows customers to receive their orders faster.
Increase transparency: Reporting capabilities allow for a wider
- view of inventory. It improves transparency and reduces miscommunication between your vendors and customers.
Key Features of Warehouse Management Software
Operation inbound and outbound
If you don’t have solid inbound or outbound capabilities, your warehouse functions will only be able to play catch-up. You can avoid making mistakes by having a solid system that allows for quick check-ins and precise put-away. A robust outbound system can also help you avoid returns, improve customer satisfaction, and reduce the burden on your inbound resources.
Even though your setup may be smaller, it doesn’t mean that you can’t manage your inventory. Customers no longer expect or forgive mistakes from big companies like Walmart and Amazon. A clear and complete view of your stock is essential to ensure that you don’t make mistakes and keep up with the competition. This feature is essential to the warehouse management software for small businesses that small businesses use.
It is important to make sure that any new software you purchase can be used with your existing software. Warehouse management software is available as a standalone product, as part of larger SCM modules, or as an integral part of an ERP. It’s almost certain that there will be a way to adapt it to your existing solutions. Just make sure you choose carefully!
This ability can reduce human error in labor planning. This ability can be a benefit if you have a lot redundancy in your warehouses.
Analytics and Reporting
Business intelligence is an important component of any business. The more places you have access to it, the better. There are many situations in which it is impossible to determine the cause of an issue without accurate analytics.
Cloud deployment is an option for most systems. Analytics and reporting are easier because of the real-time data you get from the cloud. You’ll be able to make better decisions and predict with up-to-the-minute data.
These are the top five small business solutions now that you know what you want.
Best Warehouse Management Software For Small Businesses
Once you have a better understanding of how WMS software can help businesses, it is possible to start looking for the best products for your needs. To help you get started, our analysts have compiled a list of the top products.
1. Fishbowl Warehouse
Fishbowl Warehouse can be deployed on-premise or cloud-based. It provides order management, shipping, and inventory control software for small businesses. It can also be integrated with other solutions such as QuickBooks, Xero, and others. It’s ideal for retailers, wholesale distributors, and government agencies.
- Auto-Reorder Points: Supports automated reorder points for inventory overstocking and shortages.
- Integration with Existing Software: Easily integrates into existing accounting software like Xero and QuickBooks.
- Free Trial: A 14-day trial is available for all users.
- Salesperson Evaluation: This report helps users to identify top salespeople using the reports feature.
- GPS Tracking: comes with a GPS tracking system that records when and where employees enter and exit. It uses purchase orders, barcodes, and other tools to select, pack, and ship products. It can pick multiple orders to manage order fulfillment.
The Key Features
- Integration with QuickBooks: integrates seamlessly with QuickBooks. This eliminates double data entry through inventory and accounting records updated.
- Xero Integration integrates with Xero: Fishbowl updates Xero automatically with any changes made. Fishbowl keeps track of orders and updates data to Xero. It transmits information to Xero about cycle counts, scrapped inventory, and other adjustments.
- Multiple Locations: This allows users to track inventory at multiple locations. It helps to manage inventory shortages by moving inventory around and generating sales trends at each location.
- Order Management: This allows users to create tickets, sales orders, purchase orders, and other documents. It allows users to track shipment status, receive products and create reorder points.
- Inventory Management: This small business inventory software helps businesses manage inventory by creating barcodes, managing warehouses, and setting up auto-reorder points.
Shipping: Can easily be integrated with multiple shipping options to deliver finished goods to customers.
- Multicurrency: This allows users to receive and place purchase and sale orders in any currency. The amount is then converted into the home currency. It can assign currencies to vendors and customers and integrates with QuickBooks.
- Reporting: Creates reports about inventory and sales data into graphs and forecasts future inventories. You can also create reports such as turnover pie charts and bar graphs.
- Fishbowl Time: Fishbowl allows employees to clock in and out using PINs or QR codes. Employees can keep track of their hours, tax status, and pay time. They also have the ability to track vacation, overtime, and payroll. Employees can clock in at authorized locations.
- Plugin Products: plugins can be added at Fishbowl Warehouse. Fishbowl Anywhere allows users to access the system from any device. Fishbowl Go scans barcodes and performs cycle counts.
- Fishbowl Time: SalesPoint allows users to create a point of sale solution that accepts both cash and cards. Fishbowl Commerce allows you to manage inventory through multiple e-commerce channels.
2. QuickBooks Commerce
QuickBooks Commerce’s cloud-based software (formerly TradeGecko), has inventory management features that are geared toward online businesses. It offers inventory management, warehouse management, shipping and price management.
- Avoid product expiration: uses the First In, Last Out (FIFO), logic to sell products in the order they were made.
- Limits Data Access: This allows users to manage employee access to the stock management system.
- Free Trial: No Credit Card Required 14-Day Risk-Free Trial
- Price Breaks: This allows users to set lower prices on bulk orders.
- Integration with E-Commerce Platforms: Integration with E-Commerce Solutions: Integrates With E-Commerce Solutions Like WooCommerce, Amazon, and Magento.
- Upload Inventory: Users have the ability to upload their inventory via any e-commerce platform.
The Key Features
- Warehouse Management: This allows users to manage multiple warehouses from one platform. You can manage your warehouse, send orders and move goods between them. They can control the access to stock management software that employees have.
- Order Management: This allows users to manage orders from creation through fulfillment. It syncs orders with inventory, manages the sales order workflow, generates sales reports, and partially fulfills orders.
- Multi-channel sales: Gives users a central dashboard that allows them to manage all sales channels and inventory. You can sell internationally in multiple currencies and avoid stock-outs. Users can upload their entire catalog to all e-commerce platforms with a single click.
- Price Management: This allows users to modify inventory prices or add prices for specific customers. Customers who buy in bulk can get special rates. You can also see price lists in the QuickBooks Commerce mobile app.
- Reporting: Users have the ability to generate sales history reports. These reports highlight metrics such as top-performing products, customers, sales channels, and salespeople. You can also generate reports such as stock in hand, inventory location, and stock reorders
Cloud-based software Cin7 is available for both small and large companies. It offers many features, including inventory management, warehouse management, and points of sale. Reporting, production management, forecasting, and B2B selling are some of its key features. It connects customers and products by centralizing order workflows, and sales channels as well as inventory, stock locations, and inventory. It’s ideal for companies with simple workflow requirements. It streamlines orders across all sales channels and allows for location assignment.
- Comprehensive Integrations: Allows for 450+ integrations. It connects users with services, platforms and sales channels.
- Built-in EDI: Orders can be managed with the built-in electronic data interchange technology. Users can send, receive and automate time-critical transactions as well as manage chargebacks.
The Key Features
- Inventory Management: This is the best inventory management software for small businesses.
Order Management: This tool helps users manage their stock and handles costing, inventory recognition, and inventory planning. The actual cost of in-house stock can be calculated.
- Point-of-Sales: Features a built-in point of sale inclusion that processes transactions and manages inventory. It also ships orders and transfers orders between locations. Users will be able to search online for orders and have access to stock information in real-time across multiple locations.
- Warehouse Management: automates packing and order routing, streamlining stocktaking and picking, and streamlines packing. It informs customers about order status and availability in real-time.
- Reporting: Custom Pivot Small Business WMS provides table reports that can be customized to show cash flow, inventory available, COGS, and forecasts based on sales data. You can see the operations and sales of every sale, channel and customer in real-time.
- Production Management: This tracks production costs and creates production jobs from sales orders, purchase orders, and quotes.
4. Zoho Inventory
Zoho Inventory can be used by any business, but it is a cloud-based software. It can be used for warehouse management, order management and fulfillment. Reporting is also available.
- FIFO tracking: uses the First In, First Out (FIFO), method to value stock. It automatically clears out old stock and sells it to avoid inventory expiration.
- Common Dashboard: This dashboard gives users an overview of sales orders and allows them to check the number of orders that have been invoiced, pending, and shipped.
- Payment Integration: Create customer accounts and link them to payment accounts in order to make it easy for customers to pay online.
- Ship Orders From The Nearest Warehouse: Reduce transportation costs by selecting locations that are closest to customers to fulfill their orders.
- Serial Number Tracking: Inventory items with a tracking code that allows you to track them from purchase to sell.
The Key Features
- Warehouse Management: Manages warehouses in multiple locations, dispatches orders, and tracks orders.
- Inventory Control: Small business inventory management software tracks all sales channels and updates inventory amounts when a sale or purchase occurs. It monitors expiry dates and tracks batches of products. It allows users to determine to reorder points, and can even choose their preferred vendors.
- Multi-Channel Sales: Sell products through multiple channels and trade with other currencies. You can also track the performance of each channel.
- Order Fulfillment: Supports automatic-generated packing slips and shipping labels, real-time rates, post-shipment updates, and other useful information to assist with order fulfillment.
- Reporting: This tool helps businesses make informed decisions by generating purchase reports and sales reports. These reports provide details about customers, products, and stock.
Veeqo’s cloud-based software was designed for multichannel retailers. It can manage shipping, orders, and warehouse inventory. This is a warehouse management system for small businesses.
- Free Trial: No Credit Card Required 14-Day Free Trial
- Mobile Application: This application supports both iOS and Android mobile applications.
- Warehouse Automation: Sorts orders into batches, and then chalk out the shortest route to the warehouse.
The Key Features
- Multi-Warehouse Routing: This connects various sales channels to warehouses. It allows users to choose from different warehouses and switches inventory when stock is low.
- Inventory Synchron: syncs across multiple markets, warehouses, and stores in real-time. It adjusts inventory levels automatically when there is a sale or purchase.
- Forecasting: Based on past sales trends and purchasing patterns, it forecasts how much inventory a company should buy. It automatically orders inventory from suppliers.
- Order Management: Streamlines all sales channels, automates bulk orders and simplifies returns management
- Reporting: This tool helps users to make informed decisions and generate detailed reports that allow them to analyze products. It generates sales reports by breaking down the data by channel, product, order status, store, category, and team members.
Final Thoughts – Warehouse Management Software
Warehouse management software can help you streamline your warehouse operations and inventory. When researching small business systems you may find it difficult to decide which small business warehouse management system is right for you. For more information, you can always ask for a demonstration and ask questions.