Are you able to open multiple tabs while collecting data for analysis before an important meeting? Are you able to search multiple programs to locate your file, then copy-paste the data from the file into the master database? Not all file types are editable. Convert, edit, and save in this case. This sounds complicated, but it’s not! Data entry software can handle all of these tasks.
Data entry software allows you to capture, transform, and sync data across multiple apps in real time. This ensures that there are no data discrepancies. How do you find the right data entry software for your team?
What is data entry software?
Data entry software can capture data from one source and transform it into the appropriate database or software.
E.g. data entry software can automatically capture information from incoming invoices to update Salesforce.com’s paid invoice information.
Data entry software automates the tedious task of copying and scraping data between interfaces. It can be used to extract data and create interactive dashboards or charts to help you draw insights quickly.
Although spreadsheets can be ideal for data entry, the time required to enter each piece of data manually can make it tedious and lead to many errors. Each spreadsheet is also classified and cannot be accessed by multiple employees within the company. Spreadsheets are more efficient than using hard-bound pads to store data.
Data entry software can be a better option to manage data. It automates the most difficult and error-prone manual processes.
Software for data entry facilitates the creation of sales orders, automates tedious workflows, and processes invoices. However, this is only the beginning. It is important to choose a software program that meets your needs and that can quickly categorize, capture and validate data.
Taken together, the 10 best data entry software on the market in 2022 has unique features that will suit different corporate needs.
Top data entry software
Nanonets is an AI document-automating software that can automate manual data entry with no-code workflow automation.
Nanonets can extract data using PDFs, documents, and handwritten documents with an in-built OCR software that achieves 95% accuracy. Nanonets can also be integrated with over 5000 applications via Zapier and API.
Nanonets is a great choice for data entry software. Nanonets is a top-of-the-line OCR software that can capture data from any source and then seamlessly export it using in-app integrations.
Nanonets are the best option for businesses that want to automate manual document processing. It offers secure document storage and advanced workflow Management capabilities.
- With just a few clicks, automatically structure and extract data from documents, forms, PDFs, scanned files, and handwritten papers.
- Unstructured data can be captured from any document with 95% accuracy.
- Workflows allow you to automate data entry. Automate approval, invoicing, and expense management.
- Perfect for data validation or data enhancement.
- Integration with over 5000 applications via Zapier and API connections
- Intuitive user interface
- Can understand 200+ languages
- Unlimited Free Plan
- Transparent pricing – Check Pricing Plans
- Table annotation is not up-to-standard
- The model training process can be tiring
- When implemented on-premise, there is a limited output
- No data anonymization
Also read: 8 Best Data Management Software for 2022
Docparser is a comprehensive document management tool for small businesses and large enterprises. Document parsing uses a built-in OCR engine or text recognition. Image cropping, resizing and auto-rotation are some of the pre-processing capabilities.
- Supports QR scanning, barcode recognition, and OCR.
- Cloud-enabled sharing via Google Drive and Dropbox
- We can customize our parsing capabilities.
- Multi-lingual support.
- Intuitive Platform
- Useful for data extraction using templates
- No telephone support
- Large batches result in exponentially higher costs
- It’s not great for new types of documents
- The quality of images is a key factor in quality. Fuzzy matching is possible.
- Recognition of handwriting text is not accurate
3. FoxTrot RPA
Foxtrot RPA is another data entry software that can also automate data entry using RPA workflow automation. Foxtrot RPA is an intelligent automation tool that automates manual tasks by monitoring keystrokes and mouse movements.
The data entry system makes it easy to capture data, struct data, and export data for non-technical users. Foxtrot RPA makes it easy to receive excel data, without any missing fields.
- Benefits image capture
- Merge and fit your data
- Offers a comprehensive catalog of mathematical formulas
- Enhances data management capabilities such as discovery, data cleansing, retrieval, and retrieval
- Automate data entry on your PC with screen recording.
- It lets you add custom code, SQL, and PowerShell to expand its functionality.
- Integrations with Adobe, SharePoint or other products are not possible
- It is not easy to get data into the system.
- Execution and control need to be improved
- Browsers don’t work correctly
Docsumo is a document processing tool that allows operation teams to quickly extract data with precision.
- Intelligent data capture and transportation
- Replication and Quality Control of Data
- Email and IP Address Extract
- Abbreviation Detection
- Data Aggregation
- Simple UI.
- Customizable OCR API
- More information must be included in the API documentation.
- UI design should be simpler.
- It would be better if it had a complex reporting system.
- Docsumo does not accept handwritten papers.
5. Nintex RPA
Nintex RPA is a cloud-based data entry tool that automates manual tasks and data assignments is available.
- Data Capture & Transfer
- Archiving and Retention
- Quality Control of Data
- Data Lookup Control
- Foxtrot allows for extreme flexibility when it comes to actions against dissimilar networks.
- It is simple to use and does not require any prior knowledge.
- Customer service representatives who are friendly and knowledgeable.
- If you create multiple forms or workflows, licensing costs can be expensive.
- Weak integration
- Software templates require rigorous testing.
Docupilot is a document automating software. Docupilot lets you create documents using intelligent templates. The documents can be sent as an email, or to your favorite apps such as Dropbox, DocuSign, and Zapier.
- Best for document generation
- Integrates with Microsoft Office
- It’s easy to use
- Outdated UI
- It is not possible to edit the document from the outlet. Instead, you can edit it in Word on your desktop and then upload it.
- This adds some time to the overall distraction.
- It is better to have more integrations
- The product’s UI is not up to standard
Klippa offers automated document management and classification, as well as data extract solutions to digitize paper documents within your company. Klippa is able to automatically extract, classify and convert documents using document workflows.
- Activity Dashboard
- Document Workflow Automating
- Accounting Integrations
- Great OCR API
- It is extremely easy to set up an MVP
- Specific templates can be created with the assistance
- There are not many customization options.
- You can’t create OCR models on your own.
- OCR recognition is not up-to-the-mark
- It can be difficult to make bulk adjustments
Also read: Top 10 Data Analytics Tools for 2022
8. Google Document AI
Google Document AI uses machine learning and natural-language processing to automatically process documents. Document AI uses deep learning neural system algorithms to recognize characters, pictures, and text recognition with amazing accuracy in around two hundred languages
- Deep Learning Neural Network integration
- OCR in cloud-vision
- Even unstructured documents can be analyzed with greater precision
- The user interface is simple and allows for seamless navigation.
- Document data can be used to make good decisions.
- Automate data to increase efficiency in workflows
- It is tedious and requires experience.
- It is tedious and time-consuming to customize the prevailing libraries and modules.
- Absence of assistance in Python and other coding languages
During the setup process, API costs can quickly add up.
Grooper is an automation and processing platform for document and financial industries. It can also be used to help with legal, finance, and healthcare. Grooper extracts data from multiple sources such as MS Word documents and PDFs. It can also process emails and other digital sources.
- Data Archiving
- Data supply chain management
- Image processing
- Data profiling
- Data extraction and discovery
- Natural language processing
- Data quality control
- Software with many features
- Very little downtime
- It is easy to recognize images.
- Outdated UI
- Navigating is difficult
- OCR results can be inaccurate often.
- Small businesses are not exempt
- Programming skills are required to use the software
AutoEntry is an excellent data entry platform that can be used by small and medium-sized businesses. You can submit data to be extracted in many ways such as via a website or mobile app or unique email addresses.
AutoEntry excels in extracting data from bank statements, receipts, and invoices. This data entry tool uses a rule-based approach that allows you to automatically categorize documents over time.
- Data extraction
- Capture image
- Document categorization
- Auto-suggested VAT codes
- Auto suggested suppliers
- Multiple exporting options
- Can be connected to your accounting software
- Mobile app available
- Accounting & Bookkeeping Sector Limited
- The platform has very few functionalities.
- Slow customer service
- It is not the most accurate
- No data anonymization
Conclusion — Top data entry software
Manual data entry can be time-consuming and difficult. Even with all the effort put in, errors can still be found in the final product. Use data entry software that automatically captures data from incoming sources and updates it in real-time into the required applications, simplifying the data entry process.