Point of sale (POS) is where the retail transaction takes place. POS software allows retailers to grow their business by managing inventory and payments processing, refunds, returns, and creating reports for analysis of profits, among other things.
Simply put, retailers sell their products, take payment, and then print the receipt. Retailers can use point of sale to help them in this process.
This transaction will give you updated information about inventory, and which item/product is in greatest demand. You can also get more detailed analytics and reports.
Most POS systems now use cloud-based technology. This means that reports and data can easily be accessed from any location. This reduces the possibility of an item running out or having other issues. It also makes them more affordable. Cloud-based systems allow brick-and-mortar stores to go online.
Some tools offer more advanced features such as cash movement tracking, suspending sales, tracking the shipment, and tracking the shipment. Other tools offer more options for payment processing.
Some POS systems can be used by retailers, while others are only for restaurants. These systems allow for discounts, returns, refunds, and other functions. POS makes these processes much simpler.
Top 10 POS Software for Small Business
POS software systems can streamline retail businesses’ daily operations. They can be used to program transactions and keep track of important sales data.
1. Lightspeed Retail
LightSpeed Retail offers a solution for e-commerce, retail, and restaurants. The company is located in Canada and offers POS and eCommerce software. Lightspeed Retail is supported by the company 24 hours a day.
- Lightspeed Retail allows you to create one purchase order for multiple vendors.
- You can add more variants to a single item such as color or size.
- It will allow you to keep track of your inventory.
- It allows you to make ‘on-the-spot transactions.
- Lightspeed Retail can keep track of inventory locations, even if there are multiple stores.
- You can accept payments with greater flexibility.
- It allows you to track employee hours.
- It is a cloud-based POS system.
- Employees are required to enter their pin multiple times during transactions.
- It does not show the brand name on the product list to indicate whether it is a product description or purchase/return order. It becomes tedious.
- Barcode scanner compatibility is limited.
- Start at $99/month.
Also read: Top 5 Credit Card Readers for Android
TouchBistro can be used as an iPad POS in restaurants. It was specifically created for restaurants. It is a software company with 225 employees. It is located in Toronto. It is available 24 hours a day.
- Tableside Order Management
- Floor Plan and Table Management
- Mobile Payments and Processing
- Menu Management
- Staff Management and Scheduling
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
- Inventory Management for Restaurants
- Analytics and Reporting
- You can personalize your menu.
- It integrates seamlessly with TouchBistro POS.
- It can also be used to organize your table.
- It is not possible to import menus.
- It is not an easy task to navigate.
- Solo: $69/month when billed annually. You will receive 1 license.
- Dual: $129/month when billed annually You will receive 2 licenses.
- Team: $249/month when billed annually You can get up to 5 licenses.
- Unlimited: 399/month when billed annually You will receive unlimited licenses.
Toast is the best POS software for restaurants. The Toast POS software promises simplicity for customers. Toast is a Boston-based software firm. It provides solutions for restaurant management as well as point of sale. Toast cloud-based POS software. Toast POS also offers 24/7 support.
- Toast POS’s main features include power, reliability, ease of use, and simplicity. It is the best POS system for restaurant management.
- Employees Management
- Real-time reporting
- Online ordering
- Order at the table
- Modus for Quick Edit
- Create menus and much more
- It’s a cloud-based architecture.
- It automates system updates.
- It also allows for restaurant-based reporting.
- Phone support is an extra cost.
- Starting at $79/terminal
4. KORONA POS
KORONA POS is a cloud-based solution that can be used for ticketing, retail, and other fast-casual business operations. It’s designed to be the hub of business operations and offer users a personalized experience. KORONA’s point-of-sale comes with a flat rate subscription, no hidden fees, contracts, and credit card processing agnostic.
- Inventory management
- In-depth reporting
- ABC Analytics
- Order level optimization
- Vendor relations
- Automated reorders
- Franchise management
- Permissions for employees
- CRM and loyalty
- Modern payment integration
- Versatile hardware
- Online ticketing
- Reporting and management of multiple stores
- The no-risk trial, 60-day money-back guarantee, and no long-term contracts. All subscriptions start from $49/month
It will assist you in managing, selling, reporting, and growing your business. Multi-outlet retail is possible with this software.
Vend POS is a solution that can be used by all types of businesses, such as Fashion Boutiques and Homeware Stores, Sports, Outdoors, etc. There are three options available: Lite, Pro, and Enterprise. The Lite option is for small retailers. It allows you to perform basic operations. Enterprise is for multi-store or established retailers. Pro is for single-store and multi-store retail.
Vend offers software services, and its headquarters is located in Auckland, New Zealand.
- Vend can be used on any platform, including iPad, Mac, and PC.
- This will allow you to reduce theft or errors by keeping track of cash movements.
- It can even work offline, and it will sync data whenever you are online.
- Vend allows you to add discounts, personalize your receipts, and manage returns/refunds.
- Vend POS system can be used in unlimited locations
- You can also work offline.
- Vend makes it easier to manage returns, discounts, and refunds.
- Vend can only be used with Google Chrome
- Vend’s biggest drawback is slow processing.
- Lite: $99/month USD if you are billed annually, or $119 per month if you are billed monthly
- Pro:$129/month USD if you are billed annually, or $159 if you are billed monthly
- Enterprise: Contact them.
Also read: Top 10 Tax Software for Self Employed People
6. Square POS
It is compatible with both Android and Apple devices, as well as mobiles and tablets. It can be used for any business type, even bakeries. Square POS is supported by the company 24 hours a day.
- Its primary feature is its simplicity. It has been designed so that staff can understand it easily.
- Customers have the option to print or email their receipts.
- It helps to manage your inventory in real-time.
- Square Dashboard is accessible from any computer. You can access all information about your business, from new customers to sales.
- It’s a Free POS system
- It can be connected with Bluetooth receipt printing.
- It is simple to add and delete items, making inventory management much easier.
- Each item can be given pictures to make it more easily identifiable.
- High processing fees
- Only compatible with Star Printer
- It’s a Free POS system
- Square for Retail: Starting at $60/month per Location
It allows you to manage all background processes in your store. It can be installed on multiple devices so it is useful if you have multiple cash registers.
You have three options to select a plan: Basic Shopify, Shopify, and Advance Shopify. Shopify, Shopify, and Advance Shopify are the three options available to you.
Shopify Basic provides everything you need to start your own business. Shopify offers you the options necessary to grow your business. Advance Shopify gives you more options. Shopify offers 24/7 support through POS companies.
- Shopify POS allows you to accept credit cards from anywhere.
- The customer has the option to receive digital receipts via email or text message.
- It helps you in tracking & managing inventory, accepting payment in any form, processing refunds, and applying discounts/customizing taxes.
- You can accept credit cards from anywhere, which gives you great flexibility.
- All forms of payment are accepted, including credit and cash. credit, cash etc.
- It is easy to sell products or accept payments from any device because of its seamless integration.
- Shopify POS charges for access to more detailed reports as well as for the modification of reports.
- Basic Shopify $29/month
- Shopify: USD$79/month.
- Advance Shopify USD 299/month
It is an IPADPOS system. It is a solution for quick-serve, restaurant & bar, and franchises. ShopKeep has headquartered in New York. It offers 24/7 support.
- Real-time analytics and reports will be available.
- It gives you detailed information about inventory, which can be used to manage your inventory.
- ShopKeep allows you to have unlimited users
- There are no limits to the number of inventory items you can keep.
- It offers a smart solution to staff management.
- It’s easy to use.
- You will be kept up-to-date with real-time reports
- The customer service is poor.
- ShopKeep is often experiencing connectivity problems with credit card machines.
- Start at $69/month
9. Bindo POS
The system promises to do more than just make you a point-of-sale. It boasts more than 300 features.
Bindo POS can be used for retail, restaurants, and other types of businesses such as candy shops, clothing stores, or salons. Bindo was founded by Jason Ngan and Brad Lauster. Bindo has its headquarters in New York.
- Bindo POS offers many features such as inventory management, barcode scanning and reports, credit card processing, and more.
- You have the option to create an ‘Online Dashboard’.
- This option allows you to view real-time reports, so you can manage your stores from anywhere.
- Flexible management of your store via any device
- Bindo is a partner with many credit card processors.
- It is easy to use and useful for training employees.
- Cannot be used on desktops.
- Lite: Free. You can save data for 50 clients, 2 employees, and 15 products.
- Basic: $79/month, which will be billed annually. If you pay monthly, it will be $89/month.
- Pro: $149/month, which will be charged annually. If you prefer to pay monthly, it will cost $159 per month.
Also read: Top 8 Online Bookkeeping Services for 2022
10. QuickBooks POS
Intuit’s accounting program is QuickBooks. You can easily sync QuickBooks with your desktop point-of-sale. QuickBooks can create products for small and medium-sized businesses.
The customer has the option to pay with credit or debit cards.
It tracks your inventory. It will also show you the profit for each item.
QuickBooks POS is designed for desktop use. It also works with tablet-Microsoft Surface Pro 4
It is easy to enter customer information into the system.
- Both tablets and the desktop can be used for work.
- It cannot be purchased for more than one month. You can only purchase it once. It is therefore a large investment.
- Basic: $960. This is a once-off purchase. This includes POS Software as well as a POS Payment Account.
- Pro: Also a one-time buy, it starts at $ 1360 This includes POS Software as well as a POS Payment Account.
- Multistore: This can also be a one-time order and starts at $ 1520. This includes POS Software as well as a POS Payment Account.
Conclusion — Choose the best POS software
This article will discuss the best Point of Sale software (POS systems) currently available on the market.
Square POS is the best choice as it provides perfect features and costs within your budget. Vend is an excellent option for those who want to prevent theft or errors with its cash movement tracking feature.
POS software offers unique features such as Suspending Sales and Shipping integration, at a lower price than other software.