We have the definitive list of product feedback tools that you will find online. We understand the importance of having in- customer feedback software available. It will allow you to optimize your product’s lifecycle and gather valuable data about the customer journey. It allows you to develop the best product solutions and optimize them for users.
There are many different feedback tools on the market and it can be difficult to find the right one.
We did all the work. We evaluated multiple software products and selected ten of the best tools for product development and optimization to compile this list. So you can make an informed choice, we have listed the salient features, pros, and cons of each tool.
What are Product Feedback Tools?
The product feedback tools collect valuable insight from users. It allows you to set up different product feedback campaigns and programs in your company.
An effective tool can help collect feedback from different stages of the product development process, including:
- Get insights into your product prototypes
- Feedback from customers about their product
- Feedback onboarding
- customers provide feedback on their products
- Critical issues and bug reports
These tools employ a variety of techniques to gather feedback such as surveys, feedback sidebars, web forms, suggestion boards, and others.
Also read: Top 10 Marketing Analytics Tools
What are the Key Features of Product Feedback Tools?
Different product feedback tools offer different ways to gather user insights. Here are some common features to look out for when choosing your tool.
Qualaroo, a feedback tool that allows you to add surveys directly into the product, is one example. UserVoice, another tool, allows you to set up a feedback or suggestions board. You can also use Qualaroo and ProProfs SurveyMaker to get feedback by mail. You can choose from multiple ways to collect feedback from users, depending on your needs.
Multiple Question Types
You can use the number of question types to provide feedback on product performance. You can ask more specific questions to product users if you have more answer types.
Advanced Analysis Technique
Collecting feedback is just as important as data analysis. How will you get the solutions you need if you lose your way in the mountains of customer feedback? This is where AI-based analysis techniques can be very useful.
You should look for advanced data mining tools such as text analytics, sentiment analysis, and automated feedback tagging. This will allow you to focus on closing the feedback loop and reduce analysis time.
Check out the APIs available for integration that the tool supports. You can connect your workspace and product feedback software. You can automate data flow between them. You can also trigger actions based upon certain conditions.
Top 10 Product Feedback Tools
1. ProProfs Survey Maker
Best for: Surveys, quizzes, polls, feedback sidebar, and web forms
ProProfs Survey Maker allows you to create a product feedback program in just a few hours. This tool is ideal for creating polls, feedback forms, and surveys to gather detailed feedback from users. The survey can be added to your website and embedded into a mail. You can then send it to the intended audience.
To help you build your product roadmaps, gauge users’ experience and improve your products, you can gather different types of feedback (both prompted and unprompted).
- Drag-and-drop tool to create stunning surveys, quizzes, and polls.
- It includes 15+ question types, visual and 100+ templates, question branching, question branching, as well as other important features.
- You can collect product feedback by mail, through pop-up surveys, website embeds, and social media.
- You can use the section for in-depth reporting to analyze responses and track survey campaign performance.
- Integration with other tools such as Mailchimp or Salesforce.
- 100k+ questions and templates are already available.
- Provides ready-to-use reports that allow you to examine the feedback data in real-time.
- It is difficult to personalize the survey templates.
- Monthly starting at $25, payable annually
Also read: Top 10 Live Chat Software for 2022
Best for: Usability testing, live interviews, Market research, and screen recording feedback
UserTesting is one of the most useful feedback tools to aid product development. It provides essential features for conducting successful remote usability testing such as screen recording and live interviews. To get real-time insights, you can watch and listen to the participants interact with your app, design, process, or products.
You can also opt for UserTesting’s dedicated testers’ panel to find the right testers if you are targeting a specific audience.
- Test your website, product or design template, and mobile app.
- Tests for design usability include a five-second test, tree test, navigation test, and benchmark tests.
- You can either use the pre-made test templates or create your own tests.
- You can choose the participants from UserTesting’s Panel, or you can add your testers (My Panel section).
- To find the right participants, use advanced attributes filters and screening questions. When the user meets the criteria set by screeners and filters, the test will begin.
- Find out what users want, assess your product information architecture, and test the features of your product. Then, create your A/B Testing hypothesis.
- Observe the users during the task.
- To collect feedback on products, screen recording or video recording is a good option.
- To uncover valuable insights, analyze the feedback.
- To summarize the results, edit, combine, or cut the feedback clips.
- One-click to share your feedback data
- To ask any follow-up questions, schedule live interviews with testers.
- Integrate with workspace software like Trello, Slack, and Jira.
- During the test, you can monitor the behavior and actions of the users to get real-time insights.
- Data analysis is easier when video and screen screening is used.
- This product is intended for usability testing. It is not suitable for regular feedback.
- It requires more planning and effort than other methods of product feedback management like surveys.
- Contact for a quote
Best for: Multichannel surveys, in-product surveys, AI-based analysis, design prototype test
Let’s get started with Qualaroo, one of the best in-product feedback tools. You can create targeted surveys, and then add them to your SaaS product to get real-time feedback from users.
To gauge user experience with your product, you can send surveys via email, links, and social media.
It is able to test your prototype design by embedding the surveys directly into your product design templates. This makes it stand out from other tools. This tool is more efficient than unorganized comments and allows you to ask the right questions of your audience.
With the AI-based sentiment engine, you can analyze product data in real-time and channel the insights into your optimization strategies.
- Multiple survey types can be created, such as NPS or CSAT. To collect feedback on products, you can also create CE.
- Use survey Nudges (TM) to embed in the product, or send them via email, SMS, link, or social media.
- Allows for question branching, white-labeling, and design customization options. Also includes ready-to-use templates.
- Advanced Targeting Options To Show the Nudge(TM), to the Right Users at the Right Time, Depending on Their Behavior
- Use the AI-based sentiment analysis engine or word cloud generator to analyze and dig through the responses in real-time.
- The Built-in NPS dashboard allows you to keep track of scores and time with no manual work.
- To filter and track campaign performance, you can access the in-depth reporting section.
- Integrate tools such as Zendesk and Salesforce with MailChimp and Google Analytics.
- Multiple tools are available to get feedback about the product.
- Automated NPS tracking and benchmarking options.
- Ability to conduct usability tests and prototype testing.
- More filters and export options are needed for reporting the dashboard.
- Monthly starting at $80, payable annually
Best for: In-app surveys, product usage reports, and A/B testing
Userpilot is a top-rated product feedback tool. Userpilot is an all-in-one product growth platform that allows you to provide personalized customer experiences at every stage of the customer journey.
This product feedback app can be used to track product usage by individual customer segments, set product goals, create a seamless onboarding process, increase product adoption, and accelerate product development.
- To track the usage of different customer segments, tag desired features.
- To increase secondary feature adoption, trigger contextual hints and tips based on user behavior.
- To optimize your products, design and run A/B testing.
- To announce new features or updates, trigger in-app notifications
- Track and set up custom goals to measure success rates.
- To collect product feedback, create in-app surveys
- Segments and filters can be used to filter and organize feedback data.
- To manage workflows, integrate with other tools.
- It is easier to establish and track growth metrics.
- This tool is a great way to increase product adoption.
- It is a little more expensive than other tools on this list.
- Monthly starting at $249, payable annually
Best for: Surveys and session replays. Heatmaps
Hotjar is a product feedback tool that provides comprehensive information. Hotjar offers many ways to gather, collate, and analyze feedback data from products. To collect targeted, prompted feedback, you can use heatmaps and session recordings.
This tool will help you to map customer journeys and gauge customer experience. It can also be used to analyze user behavior in order to understand their needs and preferences.
- Heatmaps can be used to gather data in real-time on clickstream, scroll, and mouse movements.
- Allows you to record sessions and analyze user behavior in real-time.
- Survey templates and an in-built visual builder to create targeted surveys
- To collect feedback on product context from real users, use on-site surveys
- To gather unrequested feedback, you can also add a widget to your website.
- You can customize the feedback widget to select the language, color and position you prefer.
- Data analytics allows you to analyze and collate data from one location.
- Multiple product feedback tools on one screen
- Flexible data filters and sorting options for segmenting the feedback.
- Use the intuitive editor to crop, cut, and analyze the session recording and heatmap data.
- To allow for more flexibility, survey theme customization requires more effort.
- Heatmaps of pages that have mega menus feel awkward, which makes analysis a little difficult.
- Monthly starting at $31/month. Annually billed at $31/month
Also read: Top 15 B2B Marketing Tools
Best for: Survey, quizzes, feedback forms
Typeform’s USP is that you don’t have to fill out boring forms. This product feedback management software is ideal for creating multipage surveys, quizzes, and product feedback forms. You can also use the platform’s video interview feature to connect with your audience and get insights via remote interviews.
You can also add a conversational chatbot widget to your site to offer real-time support and recommend products and collect leads. It is easy to see why Typeform was added to this list. Typeform is a great tool for product feedback.
- You can create beautiful forms and quizzes, without any programming.
- It offers an intuitive survey builder, ready-to-use templates, theme customization options and pre-built themes. You can also skip logic options for your feedback forms.
- Send the survey via mail or shareable link to your website.
- VideoAsk allows users to provide feedback on products and websites using the VideoAsk function.
- Interview customers to get an in-depth insight into their product experience.
- Add the AI-based chatbot widget on your website.
- To manage feedback data, integrate with more than 30 tools
- Provides useful tips and knowledge to assist with product adoption and onboarding.
- VideoAsk is a great tool for usability testing and product feedback.
- Needs more design customization options.
- Insufficient in-depth filters within the reporting dashboard
- Monthly starting at $25, payable annually
Best for: In-app feedback widget, web portal, NPS survey prompts
UserVoice can be used to create a dedicated feedback forum. You can use this product feedback app to create a central space for your users to share their suggestions, feature requests, and new ideas from your audience base. You can also use it to ask for feedback from specific users in order to understand their experiences with your products.
UserVoice is a top-rated product feedback tool because it allows you to create product maps, track NPS scores and gauge user experience.
- For your mobile and web apps, create a feedback portal.
- Customers can leave feedback, ideas, and suggestions on the board. Customers can upvote, add comments and engage with one another by adding their feedback.
- To build your product roadmaps, track trends, feature requests, new posts, and other information.
- To show the current status of an idea, you can set it as the status.
- To gauge the overall product experience, NPS surveys are available in-app.
- To collect product feedback, add a feedback widget to your mobile and web apps.
- To gain in-depth insights, engage users through 1-to-1 or 1-to-many conversations.
- A detailed reporting dashboard that allows you to organize, analyze and collate data from multiple sources.
- Create tickets for product feedback and assign different posts to your internal teams.
- Advanced filters and attributes can be used to segment the data.
- Integration with tools such as Slack or Zendesk is possible.
- Track the most popular features and make suggestions to prioritize product updates.
- The internal dashboard facilitates cross-department collaboration.
- The interface is not user-friendly.
- Contact for a quote
Best for: feedback surveys, video captures, feedback board
Usersnap is an integrated tool that makes bug reporting, feedback collection, and team collaboration easier. You can gather new ideas, listen to customers, and collect bug reports in order to create customer-centric products.
Screen recordings, screenshots, and video recordings are all available for users to provide feedback and suggestions. The widgets allow you to collect feedback from customers seamlessly.
- To collect feedback from your users, add a feedback button on your app, website, or product.
- With a single click, gather bug reports, suggestions, or other ideas.
- In the feedback box, add a link to your support page.
- Captures user metadata automatically with feedback.
- Users can leave feedback by using screen capture and video recording.
- Create targeted surveys such as NPS, CSAT, and CES.
- Targets niche audiences to collect feedback from the right people.
- To collect new ideas, add a feedback board on your website or app.
- To track the performance of survey campaigns, we provide detailed reporting and statistics.
- To manage feedback data, integrate with other workspace tools.
- Screenshots and screen capture tools make it easy for you to reproduce big issues and problems.
- Intuitive survey builder.
- More options are needed to customize the feedback widget.
- Advanced analysis tools, such as text analytics, are not available.
- Starting at $9/month, payable annually
Also read: Top 12 Competitor Analysis Tools
Best for: Multi-channel surveys
Delighted is a user-friendly product feedback survey software that allows you to set up your experience management platform in just hours. You can gather and analyze product feedback using the same tool, which includes multi-channel deployment, 8+ question types, advanced reporting, a team collaboration dashboard, and other features.
- Create and deploy surveys to your website, app (iOS), or email.
- To get targeted product feedback, you can use single-question surveys. You can also add follow-up questions.
- Offers question branching, 8+ response types, question randomizer, survey design customizations, targeting options, and mobile responsive design.
- Dashboard for in-depth reporting to track feedback and extract valuable insights.
- Advanced filters and attributes such as gender, customer type and custom tags can be used to segment the data.
- This tool allows you to track your NPS score and benchmark your NPS performance.
- Built-in sentiment analysis engine to analyze user responses and create Pivot tables reports.
Integration with tools such as Segment, Hubspot and Heap.
- You can create beautiful survey types in minutes.
- You can create custom metrics with tags and track them using ‘s sentiment analysis engine.
- There are fewer targeting options than other product feedback tools.
- Needs more question types.
- Monthly starting at $224, payable annually
Best for: Multi-channel surveys
Feedier is an intuitive product feedback management system, is designed to enhance the user experience. It centralizes all direct and indirect feedback into one place. You can collect feedback from customers by using surveys. Its detailed reporting dashboard gives real-time insight into customer satisfaction as well as user experience.
- Interactive surveys are made easy with this playful survey maker.
- Supports multiple languages, conditions, 15+ question types & custom branding.
- Send survey prompts via SMS or mail to your users.
- Analytics dashboard built into the survey tracking system.
- To create custom reports, you can use text analytics, live feed, and filters.
- The tool allows you to organize feedback data for different teams.
- Integrated customer success reports that track the effectiveness and efficiency of different teams in closing the feedback loop
- It is slow to use the platform.
- Contact for a quote
Conclusion — Product Feedback Tools
After reading this list, we hope that you have found the right product feedback tools for your company. If you still have questions, try categorizing the tools according to your needs. Begin with the price, and then see which tools fit within your budget.
Then, you can move on to the next feedback method. You don’t need to search for another tool if you are scaling. Finally, consider which product feedback tools will allow you to close the feedback loop quickly.
A tool is only useful if it takes action on the information you get from users. Even though the product feedback tool may have the most powerful features, it won’t work if the data is left unused. Take a look at the list and find the product feedback tools that is most effective for you.