Social media listening tools allow you to find out what your customers think of you. It’s not about making your customers smile. Social media listening tools can help you provide a better service and a better customer experience can lead to tangible benefits. The same SuperOffice study found:
- 86% of consumers will pay more for a higher quality service.
- 73% of customers say that friendly customer service is what made them fall in LOVE with a brand
- 55% of businesses believe that customer service improves sales.
However, there are tens of thousands of social media updates posted every minute of every day. This makes manually listening for brand mentions too labor-intensive. You need the right tools to do social listening efficiently.
Top 10 Social Media Listening Tools
Take a look at our top 10 social media listening apps:
Buffer uses an omnichannel approach for social media management. This allows you to manage all of your social channels from one location. This is useful if, like most brands, your audience could be any place rather than being active only on Facebook and LinkedIn.
Buffer makes it easy to find the most important conversations customers are having online. Once you have found them, you can use the shared dashboard and team inbox to join those conversations and drive audience engagement.
- Listen to conversations on multiple platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.
- Analytics and reporting tools allow you to measure audience behavior and engagement.
- Use the scheduling and publishing features to plan and build campaigns
- Individuals can get started on social media by using free publishing tools
- To access analytics, publishing, and engagement tools for social media geeks, upgrade to $5 per social network per month
Also read: 7 Ways to Improve Social Signals
Brandwatch was listed as one of the top social media listening tools worldwide in the Q4 2020 edition Forrester Wave report. It deserves to be on this list.
This tool helps customers understand their brand’s perceptions by monitoring brand mentions, not only of their brand but also their logos and products. You can even conduct multi-year analyses to identify big-picture trends.
- To gain industry-level insight, monitor key publications, regions, and influencers
- To understand the feelings of consumers about your brand and your messaging, measure the impact of your marketing strategies
- Track online mentions understanding customer perception and spot sentiment changes. This will help you measure brand visibility
- Contact Brandwatch for more information
3. Sprout Social
Sprout social’s listening tools are designed to allow companies to extract actionable insight from global social conversations. This allows them to identify gaps and strengthen their brand.
Sprout is compatible with Facebook, Instagram Reddit Twitter, YouTube, and other internet sites. Sprout provides extensive training and educational resources that will ensure you get the best out of the platform.
- To understand how customers feel about your brand, and other topics, keep track of conversations and related themes
- To get a clear picture of consumer sentiment, industry trends, and opportunities for brands, we need to know what catalog conversations are and who they are talking to.
- To improve your brand positioning and messaging, you can explore customer sentiments on certain topics, products, and companies.
- From $89 per user per month
Mention offers a wide range of social media listening capabilities, even at the free account level. Listen to millions of conversations on multiple platforms Mention’s Smart folders functionalities allow you to organize the most important documents.
Filtering options allow you to easily gauge audience sentiment. The Insights Center allows you to stay focused on your top-level goals. Rich data can be used to create reports from either your brand, a competitor, or a wider industry topic.
- To quickly analyze trends and compare them, filter key conversations
- Automated reports can be scheduled to arrive in your inbox at a time and place that suits you.
- Create detailed dashboards to understand trends,
- Individuals with at least three social media accounts are eligible for free, but only 1,000 mentions per calendar month
- Premium plans start at $29 per Month
- Facebook, Pinterest, and TikTok are excluded from any plan except the highest-tier agency or team-level plan
Unlike social media management tools which include social media listening functionality as a part of a larger feature set, Brand24 was built with listening and monitoring in mind.
Access to many social media listening tools is available for users. You can access a mentions feed to quickly see what people are saying about your brand in real-time. A discussion volume chart can be used to identify sudden changes in activity.
- You can cut through the noise with custom alerts. For example, you will only receive notifications about negative brand mentions from blogs that have more than 300,000.
- Filter results can be filtered based on a variety of criteria such as mention source, sentiment, and the number of visits.
- Your data can be turned into infographics, PDF reports, and .xls files.
- Individuals can track a single brand for $49 per month
Awario does not rely on one third-party data source for social media listening data. Instead, Awario crawls over 13 billion pages each day and leverages APIs. This means that you have access to a lot of information.
Your brand name can be used as a keyword to help you quickly search relevant conversations across social media platforms. You can also join in when needed. You can also track sentiment and share-of-voice data to assess the quality and scale of your brand’s reputation.
- You can use sentiment analysis to sort mentions into positive, neutral, and negative.
- Find top social influencers on multiple platforms.
- Monitor keywords mentioned in any language or given location
- Starting at $29 per Month (or $24 per Month if billed annually)
HootSuite is one of the most popular social media management tools on the market, helping customers optimize their marketing, support, and sales strategies.
Although most people associate HootSuite with a scheduling tool, it also has social media listening capabilities powered by Brandwatch, another platform on this list.
HootSuite’s social listening tool, also known as HootSuiteInsights, provides instant, real-time insight into millions of online conversations.
- To quickly identify spikes in brand mentions, set up instant alerts.
- You can search for conversations online related to any keyword, topic, or phrase.
- Filter your searches by location, demographics, or other factors.
- For one user, it costs $49/month. You can also add 10 social accounts.
Also read: Top 10 Social Media Scheduling Tools
BuzzSumo is best known for its content analysis tools, but it also offers social media listening functionality. Users can track mentions, trends, and updates for their brands and competitors as well as the wider industry.
What’s more, You can receive alerts about almost everything, which means that your results are never lost in the noise of social media.
- You can set up alerts to track keywords, brands, and topics that have the greatest impact on your marketing goals
- You can monitor bloggers and influencers to make sure you are the first to respond to their posts and articles.
- Explore the largest index of social engagement data in the world, based on information from five million articles
- You can search for up to 1000 products with the free product tier.
- The monthly cost for the paid tier is $99 (or $79 per year if you pay annually). It also includes a 30-day trial
BrandMentions monitors major online channels to keep brands informed about what’s happening in their niche. Nearly 11,000 organizations use it, large and small, including McCann and eToro.
Users get new mentions of their brand or market directly in their inboxes. This ensures that they are up-to-date with all the latest developments as they occur.
- Monitor everything being said about your company or your product
- To optimize your marketing strategy, find out when and where your brand is mentioned.
- Learn about your audience and choose the products that best match their interests.
- Starting at $99 per Month
- All plans come with a free seven-day trial
AgoraPulse provides a complete suite of social media monitoring tools, covering everything from publishing to reporting — used daily by over 31,000 social media managers.
The social listening tool allows brands to understand the opinions of their customers and competitors. It offers a desktop platform as well as a mobile app. This allows users to access all the latest information on their iOS or Android devices from any place.
- Twitter and YouTube search parameters enable users to search for what they are looking for using boolean operators.
- It is easy to find and respond to important posts, customer feedback, or competitor activity by labeling them.
- Users can save unlimited searches to keep in touch with prospects and customers.
- Free 30-day trial
- One user can get a free plan and up to three social media profiles.
- Premium plans start at $79/month for two users and 10 profiles