Test management solutions help you capture test requirements, design test cases, test execution reports, resource management, etc. Software quality oversights can lead to a company’s reputation and financial loss as well as expose it to litigation risks. Good test management tools are key to preventing bugs and defects from getting into production.
Here is a list of Top Test Management Software, along with links to their websites and popular features. This list includes both free and paid tools.
Top 10 Test Management Tools
Tuskr is an intuitive and powerful but also visually appealing cloud-based test management tool. Tuskr is a top-rated cloud-based test management tool that offers unbeatable pricing and a generous 30-day trial.
- You can organize test cases easily into sections, projects, or suites.
- Rich meta-data can be attached to test cases using custom fields
- Flexible test runs can be created — from choosing specific cases to matching complicated criteria
- You can ensure fair testing by monitoring the dashboard.
- You can visualize your test runs with our burn-down charts right from your dashboard.
- You can also see who has changed what by using our audit trail our recycle bin helps you avoid accidents.
- Integrate with JIRA or hundreds of other time and bug-tracking tools
Also read: Top 15 Web Service Testing Tools and Software
PractiTest is an end-to-end testing management tool. It provides a common ground for all QA stakeholders and allows full visibility into the testing process as well as a deeper understanding of the results.
- There are many third-party integrations available with common bug trackers and automation tools.
- Flexible and customizable to meet the changing needs of QA teams. Customize fields, views, permissions, and issue workflows.
- Use reuse tests and compare results between different releases and products.
- Unique hierarchical filter tree – organize everything quickly and find anything.
- Never do the same thing twice.
- Advanced dashboards and reports allow you to visualize data
- Rapid professional and methodological assistance
Xray has been voted the best manual and automated test management app for QA. It is a fully-featured tool that integrates seamlessly with Jira. Its goal is to improve the quality and efficiency of products by allowing companies to test them efficiently.
- Traceability among requirements, tests, and executions
- Define the reusable preconditions, and then associate them with the tests
- Organize your tests in test folders or test sets
- Tracking progress can be tracked with test plans
- Test environments
- BDD – Write Cucumber scenarios in Jira
- Integrates with test automation frameworks such as Selenium, JUnit and Nunit, Robot, …).
- Built-in REST API
- CI integrations (Bamboo and Jenkins)
- Built-in reports
This tool is quite different from the other test management tools. Testpad is a lightweight planner that is the ideal upgrade to DIY spreadsheets. It aims to provide just enough process without adding the burden of managing test cases.
- It’s easy enough for anyone to use – no training is required
- Guest testers – Bring in additional help when you need it, clients, managers, and marketing…
- Reports that are clear: What was tested, how many to go, and “are we ready for release?”
- Natural test plans that are based on hierarchical lists
- You can create flexible tests that you can modify during testing
- You can adapt to the way you want to test: TCM or BDD.
TestRail offers comprehensive test case management that will help you manage testing efforts and provide real-time insight into your testing activities. Powerful metrics and reports enable QA teams to increase productivity and provide fast feedback.
- Track the status of individual tests easily
- Activity reports and informative dashboards help you track your progress.
- Compare the results from multiple tests, configurations, milestones
- To adjust assignments and resource allocations, track the team’s workload
- High customization, including cloud-based and on-premise options
- Integrate with Atlassian Jira and FogBugz, Bugzilla, and Axosoft collaboration solutions like GitHub,
- Bugzilla, and Axosoft; and with the leading test automation tools such as Ranorex Studio.
Testmo has been voted the unified test management tool for modern teams. All your manual, exploratory tests, and automated test cases can be managed in one platform.
- Unified testing allows you to track all of your QA activities from one tool
- Rich test case management, exploratory testing sessions & test automation
- Integration of issues with Jira and GitHub, GitLab, GitLab, and many other platforms
- Integration with all test automation tools, CI pipelines & DevOps software
- Real-time charts, metrics, and reporting that are best in class
- You can customize fields, workflows, and test assignments to make your life easier
- Project management, milestones, and versions built-in
- For teams of any size, our software is fast, scalable and enterprise-ready
Also read: What is Test Marketing and How Does it Work
7. Zephyr Enterprise
Zephyr enterprise is one of the best test management tools. We are also a partner in test management and can help you accomplish all your testing activities using one tool. Zephyr Enterprise gives you the flexibility, insight, and visibility to create test cases, and plans, define user requirements and generate reports. This will allow you to deliver software faster, with fewer bugs.
- Premium Enterprise Support
- Bi-directional Jira Integration
- Auditing and test planning for enterprise-grade companies
- End-to-end traceability
- Flexible support for third-party automation frameworks
- Transition plan and migration path for Legacy ALM
TestMonitor provides an end-to-end testing management system for any organization. An intuitive and simple approach to testing. Whether you are implementing enterprise software or User Acceptance Testing, UAT quality assurance (QA), are looking to build a quality app, or need some help with your project, TestMonitor can help.
- Requirement- and risk-based testing.
- Advanced test case design that can support thousands of cases.
- Solid planning tools, including multi-tester runs.
- Comprehensive result tracking.
- Integrated issue management
- Smart reporting with multiple filter and visualization options.
- Revolutionary simple UI.
- Integrations with third-party tools such as Jira, DevOps, and Slack. Included is the REST API
- Professional support with quick responses.
SpiraTest by Inflectra is Inflectra’s top-quality test management and QA suite designed for agile teams. The platform is available as an on-premise solution or as a SaaS offering and includes industry best practices. SpiraTest comes pre-configured so you can get started quickly.
- Tracking bugs and managing requirements across all projects and programs are possible
- All your test management – manual, automated, and data-driven – from a configurable control center
- Tests from requirements and bugs are generated seamlessly
- Create parameterized tests, review them, and schedule, workflow management.
- It integrates seamlessly with 60 popular tools such as JIRA, Visual Studio, and IBM Doors.
- Perforce, Excel, Perforce, Excel, and many others.
Testiny is one of the best test management tools that you need to know. This tool is ideal for small- to medium-sized QA teams who want to manage and integrate manual and automated testing into their development process.
- Open-source projects, small teams of up to 3 members are free
- Simple and intuitive out of the box
- Fully customizable (custom fields …)).
- Integration with all test automation tools, CI/CD pipelines, or DevOps tool
- Integration seamless in the development process e.g. Jira,
- Instant updates – All browser sessions remain in sync
- Instantly see if a colleague changes and complete a test…
- Strong REST API and CLI tools
Test Management Tool is a software application used to manage and organize software testing processes, resources, and activities. It helps in planning, designing, executing, and tracking test cases and results. It provides a centralized platform for team collaboration, reporting, and analysis to ensure the quality of software products.