Ever wonder how revolutionary technologies like Artificial Intelligence or Machine Learning are created? Data Science is the answer. Implementing AI is now easier and more affordable thanks to the many Data Science tools available. This article will discuss the top tools available for Data Science.
What is Data Science?
Data Science is the science of extracting useful insights from data. It is the art of collecting, analyzing, and modeling data in order to solve real-world problems.
Data Science tools are used for everything from fraud detection and disease detection to recommendation engine development and business growth. Data Science tools have been developed because of the wide variety of applications and increasing demand.
Below, we will be discussing in-depth the top Data Science tools on the market. Before we get started, it’s important to understand that this blog is not about the various programming languages that can be used for Data Science. Don’t think there will be any battle between R and Python for Data Science.
Let’s now get to the Data Science tools.
Top 8 Data Science Tools In 2022
These tools are unique in that they don’t require you to know programming languages to implement Data Science. These tools come with pre-defined functions and algorithms as well as a user-friendly GUI. They can also be used to create complex Machine Learning models without having to use a programming language.
Many start-ups and tech giants are working together to develop such easy-to-use Data Science tools. Data Science is complex and it’s often impossible to use just one tool for all aspects of the process.
We’ll therefore be looking at Data Science tools that are used to support the various stages of a Data Science process. :
- Data storage
- Exploratory Data Analysis
- Data Modelling
- Data Visualization
This video, which was recorded by our Data Science expert, will explain more about Data Science workflow.
1. Apache Hadoop
Apache Hadoop can store and manage tons of data. It is free and open-source. It allows distributed computing of large data sets across a cluster of thousands of computers. It’s used for data processing and high-level computations.
Here are some features of Apache Hadoop Insights.
- Scale large data effectively on thousands of Hadoop clusters
- It uses the Hadoop Distributed File System for data storage. This distributes large amounts of data
- across multiple nodes to allow for parallel, distributed computing.
- This module provides the functionality of other data processing tools, such as Hadoop MapReduce, Hadoop Yar, etc.
2. Microsoft HD Insights
Azure HDInsight is a cloud platform offered by Microsoft, that is for data storage, processing, and analysis. To process and manage large amounts of data, enterprises such as Adobe, Jet, and Milliman use Azure HD Insights.
Here are some features of Microsoft HD Insights.
- It supports integration with Apache Hadoop or Spark clusters for data processing
- Microsoft HD Insights uses Windows Azure Blob as the default storage system. It is capable of
- managing the most sensitive data across thousands upon thousands of nodes.
- Microsoft R Server supports enterprise-scale R for performing statistical analysis and strong Machine Learning models.
3. Informatica PowerCenter
Informatica has been buzzing because of its increased revenue, which is now around $1.05 trillion. Informatica offers many products that are focused on data integration. Informatica PowerCenter is the best because of its data integration capabilities.
Here is a list of Informatica’s PowerCenter features:
- A data integration tool that is based on the ETL (Extract Transform Load) architecture.
- It allows you to extract data from different sources, transform it and process it according to your business needs and finally load it or deploy it into a storage area.
- It supports grid computing, distributed processing, grid computing, adaptive load balancing, dynamic partitioning, and pushdown optimization.
RapidMiner is a popular tool for Data Science implementation. RapidMiner was ranked number 1 in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant 2017 for Data Science Platforms, in The Forrester Wave predictive analytics and Machine Learning, and as one of the top-performing tools in the G2 Crowd predictive analysis grid.
These are just a few of the features.
- One platform for data processing, building machine learning models, and deployment.
- It supports the integration of the Hadoop framework and RapidMiner Radoop.
- Models Machine learning algorithms can be created by using a visual workflow creator. Automated modeling can also be used to generate predictive models.
H2O.ai is the company behind open source Machine Learning (ML), products such as H2O. These products are designed to make ML more accessible for everyone.
The H20.ai community has around 130,000 data scientists and nearly 14,000 organizations. This is a steady growth rate. H20.ai, an open-source Data Science tool, is designed to make data modeling more simple.
These are just a few of the features.
- It was developed using the most widely used Data Science programming languages, namely Python, and R. It is easier to apply Machine Learning because most developers and data scientists are familiar with R.
- It can implement most of the Machine Learning algorithms, including generalized linear models (GLM), classification Algorithms, and Boosting Machine Learning. It supports Deep Learning.
- It supports integration with Apache Hadoop for processing and analyzing large amounts of data.
DataRobot is an AI-driven automation platform that assists in the development of accurate predictive models, is called DataRobot. DataRobot makes it simple to implement a variety of Machine Learning algorithms including classification, clustering, and regression models.
These are just a few of the features.
- Parallel programming is possible by making it possible to use thousands of servers simultaneously for data analysis, modeling, validation, and so forth.
- It can build, test and train Machine Learning models at lightning speed. DataRobot compares the predictions of the different models to determine which one is the most accurate.
- The whole Machine Learning process is implemented at a large scale. Parameter tuning and other validation techniques make model evaluation more efficient and effective.
Tableau has been the most widely used data visualization tool on the market. This tool allows you to convert raw data into easily understandable formats. Tableau visualizations can help you to understand the relationships between predictor variables.
These are just a few of the features of Tableau.
- It can connect to multiple sources of data and can visualize large data sets to identify correlations and patterns.
- Tableau Desktop allows you to create custom reports and dashboards for real-time updates.
- Tableau offers cross-database joining functionality, which allows you to create a calculated field and join tables. This helps with complex data-driven problems.
QlikView, another data visualization tool, is used by over 24,000 organizations around the world. It’s one of the best visualization tools for visualizing data and generating useful business insights.
These are just a few of the features available in QlikView.
- It allows you to easily create dashboards or detailed reports, which give you a clear understanding of the data.
- It allows for in-memory data processing that creates reports and quickly communicates them to end-users.
- QlikView also has a data association. QlikView has in-memory technology which automatically generates relationships and associations in data.
This course is ideal for all levels of programming expertise, as the demand for Data Science with Python programming professionals continues to rise. The Data Science and Python course are for professionals in analytics looking to work with Python, Software, and IT professionals who are interested in the field of Analytics. It’s also suitable for anyone with a passion for Data Science.