As businesses grow in size, it is becoming more difficult to ensure that all business processes are under control. Companies and organizations need help in making profitable and sustainable decisions. Every business can address any challenge quickly using modern, professional business intelligence tools (BI Tools), without the need to involve large IT departments.
These tools allow companies to collect, analyze, monitor, and predict future business situations by providing a clear view of all data they manage. These business intelligence tools are essential for business operations, strategic planning, and profit-maximizing. These solutions are self-service, meaning that all users can access the features we have just mentioned. These solutions are the ideal solution to decentralize data analysis and improve business performance.
We will discuss what are business intelligence tools, the benefits they can bring to a company, and give a list of the best BI tools available. We considered two of the most popular websites that provide software comparisons and user reviews to make this list as accurate as possible. We have Capterra, which is part of Gartner, the world’s largest advisory and research company. G2Crowd is one of Gartner’s largest competitors. It has been a dominant player in the review market for more than a decade. We selected the business intelligence tools that had the highest rankings on both websites and at least 50 reviews.
What are BI tools?
These business intelligence tools offer key features like data visualization, visual analytics, and interactive dashboarding. They also allow users to use automated reporting and predictive analysis features based upon self-service. This makes it easy and accessible to make the analysis process more efficient.
Top 10 Business Intelligence Tools
Datapine allows you to connect data from different sources and analyze them using advanced features, including predictive analytics and artificial Intelligence. You can use all of your data to create a powerful business dashboard or several, generate standard or custom reports, and incorporate intelligent alerts so you are notified about anomalies or targets. This powerful tool is highly rated by Capterra with 4.8 stars and G2 Crowd with 4.6 stars.
Both advanced users, such as data analysts, and average business users can benefit from the software’s features. SQL mode allows analysts to create their own queries. On the other hand, the intuitive drag and drop interface makes it easy for users to enter values and create powerful dashboards and charts using visual analytics.
- Drag-and-drop intuitive interface: Simply drag your KPIs to the interface and watch how your charts and graphs become professional dashboards without any IT assistance.
- Predictive analytics that is easy to use: Advanced analytics, which includes predictive analysis based upon a forecast engine. You simply select the KPI and determine how many data points you want for forecasting. Next, you specify the data points used in the calculation. Finally, you can define the model quality by setting the desired confidence interval.
- The interactive dashboard features: Dig deep into the dashboard using advanced dashboard software features like drill-downs and chart zooms, widget linking, and hierarchical filters.
- Many reporting options: Use BI-reporting tools to create custom or standard reports. You can share via a password-protected URL that allows viewer access or send an e-mail report that you can automate at certain time intervals. You can also embed datapine in your own application to get all the benefits and cost savings of BI software.
- Intelligent alarms and insights based on artificial Intelligence: With machine learning and artificial intelligence, they can alert users if there is a business anomaly or generate multiple types and types of insights including growth, trends, and value drivers.
2. SAS Business Intelligence
SAS Business Intelligence offers a variety of products and technologies to data scientists, text analysts, and forecasting analysts, as well as econometricians and optimization modelers. SAS Business Intelligence was founded in the 1970s and continues to grow its product line every year. This software has a good level of trust and satisfaction, with a Capterra rating of 4.3 and a G2Crowd rating of 4.2.
- 5 main topics: SAS provides a variety of BI products and technologies, which are focused on visual data exploration, easy analytics, interactive reports and dashboards, collaboration, and mobile apps.
- Machine learning supported data exploration: SAS’s data exploration provides automated analysis that is supported by machine learning. SAS’ interactive visualizations answer business questions like “Where are my customers from?”
- Text analytics capabilities Interessant features: Text analytics enables you to gain insights from text data like social media and location analysis that combines data within a geographic context.
- Dashboards and reports across devices: Dynamic visualizations are organized in interactive reports and dashboards that can be accessed on both Android and iOS devices.
- Integration of other applications: You have the option to integrate SAS with Microsoft Office applications like Word, Excel, SharePoint, Word, and SharePoint with their Office Analytics solution. This allows you to view your results in Microsoft Office Suite.
3. Infor Birst
Inforbirst provides cloud-based analytics and business insight platforms that help users understand and optimize complex processes. Infor, a global company that offers a wide range of software products tailored to specific industries, purchased Birst in 2017. Infor Birst today is an advanced end-to-end solution that includes a data warehouse, visualization, reporting platform, and a networked BI approach based upon extensive automation and learning technologies. The software was rated solidly by customers of the business intelligence tools with a solid 4.1 star on Capterra and 3.9 stars on G2Crowd.
- Modern data structure: Birst uses Infor’s modern database architecture to build its native cloud BI platform. This has many benefits, including high flexibility and data security as well adaptability to changing business conditions.
- Interconnected BI: Thanks to a multi-tenant cloud architecture interconnected analytics are created and BI instances are created using a common Data-as-a-Service structure (DaaS).
- Adaptive Interface: Cross-device access to the platform that meets modern work styles. This allows for a positive user experience using the same interface online and offline.
- Embedded BI: Infor Birst offers the possibility to integrate its cloud solution with your application. This allows you to monetize your data in a familiar environment, without the need to create an analytics product.
Industry analytics: Different roles and industry-specific data models are available, along with analysis options. They can help identify specific trends and weak signals so that you can react quickly to them. This will increase profitability.
4. SAP BusinessObjects
SAP BusinessObjects provides a platform for data visualization, analysis, and comprehensive reporting. You can use their Office integrations with Excel or PowerPoint to create live presentations and connect to your cloud SAP systems. They are focused on business categories like CRM and customer experience and ERP and digital core. HR and people engagement, digital supply chains, and others. More than 170M people use SAP around the globe, making it one of the most popular software suppliers. Capterra gave the company 4.2 stars and G2 Crowd 3.8 stars. This confirms its market leadership since 1972.
- A BI Enterprise Reporting System: Reporting and analysis can be done using ad-hoc queries or a complex BI Enterprise Reporting System that is designed to help you with your overall company strategy.
- Self-service and role-based dashboards: Analytics apps and data visualization focuses on self-service capabilities. They are similar to other tools. You can create your own role-based dashboards or applications to assess risk, for instance.
- Cross-enterprise Sharing: You can create a cross-enterprise sharing function that will allow you to share your findings with other stakeholders.
- Connection to SAP Warehouse and HANA: Multidimensional data analysis allows you to filter, manipulate and analyze data in real-time when you connect with SAP Business Information Warehouse(SAP BW), or SAP HANA.
- Integration With Office: Using Microsoft Excel with SAP allows you to analyze larger data sets and embed analytics into PowerPoint. This makes this solution easy to integrate with Office.
Domo Business intelligence software is made up of several systems. It starts with connecting data and ends with the extension of data using pre-built or custom apps from Domo Appstore. Domo can be used for data lakes, warehouses, and ETL tools. You can also use R or Python scripts for data preparation for predictive modeling. You can connect data from across your organization, use their machine learning and AI capabilities, and allow users to explore the data themselves. This BI application has a rating of 4.2 stars on Capterra and a 4.4 on G2Crowd. Many users recommend it, even though the company was founded in 2011.
- Many pre-built cloud connectors: Data integration works in the same way as other tools. You can connect to more than 1000 cloud connectors on-premise with Domo Workbench.
- Magic ETL feature: Data transform tools will allow you to prepare your data using a drag-and-drop Magic ETL, as Domo calls them, without having to learn SQL.
- Automatically suggested visualizations: Data visualization allows you to move from raw data to charts and graphs, maps, or other visualizations that Domo suggests automatically after you upload your data source. You can edit the data, annotate it for further commentary and discussions, or control who has access.
- Mr. Roboto is an AI engine: Mr. Roboto powers predictive analysis. Domo’s AI engine allows data scientists to build predictive models and use artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing, and other AI technologies to alert them about changes in KPIs.
- Domo Appstore: Their open cloud platform is an ecosystem that includes pre-built apps and connector APIs. You can also build your own apps and share them on the Domo Appstore.
6. Oracle Business Intelligence
Oracle Business Intelligence provides a range of technology and applications that focus on providing end-to-end solutions to businesses to optimize their performance and enable them to make more informed mobile-enabled decisions. They have a rating of 4.2 stars on Capterra and a rating of 4.0 in G2Crowd. They offer many features for data management, including machine learning, artificial Intelligence, integrated arrays of querying, reporting, and mobile analytics. Oracle was founded in 1977 and has worked to empower businesses to manage their data efficiently in an efficient and flexible way.
- Ad hoc capabilities Oracle BI Answers: This feature gives users true ad hoc capabilities. It is intuitive. Users can quickly create charts and visualize data efficiently, with no need to complicate processes.
- Oracle dashboards: The tool provides personalized dashboards that allow users to access information in an interactive manner and can be personalized according to their roles and identities. This allows users to work with live reports, charts, and graphics in pure web architecture.
- Personalized alarms: OracleBI provides a customized alarming system for businesses that monitors activity and can be accessed via emails, dashboards, or mobile devices. Alerts can be used to initiate alerts and send contextual information to other users or alerts for a collaborative workflow.
- Oracle BI Publisher: This feature allows you to create scalable reports to provide complex information to your stakeholders in a secure and correct format. Reports can either be created using Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat. They can be sent via e-mail or fax, WebDAV, or published on a portal.
- Real-time Decision Server: Combining predictive analytics with rules, this feature allows real-time intelligence to easily be applied in any business process. This tool offers real-time insights and provides recommendations.
7. Zoho Analytics
With Zoho Analytics, we continue our BI tool list. While the company has many products, including apps, CRM, bundles, and apps, we will be focusing on their BI solutions and analytics as they are the most relevant to our topic. This is a great tool for business intelligence reporting. It has more than 500 integrations with your business apps and more than 10000 customers around the world.
- Visualizing and blending data: Similar to other tools in our list, their main features include the ability to blend data from multiple sources and visualize them through dashboards and reports using their drag-and-drop designer. You can also upload data to their online storage service Zohodocs.
- Intelligent assistant Zia: If you are looking for AI-powered analytics, Zoho created Zia. This intelligent assistant allows you to ask questions using natural language and will provide you with the answers in reports and KPI widgets. Zia uses machine learning and natural language processing to make it easier for users to find data faster.
- The commenting section in sharing options: If you choose a shared view for your reports, you have the option to enable real-time commenting on elements such as tables, charts, pivot views, or tabular views. You will immediately be notified by the people you have collaborated with. They can create a thread, attach files, crop their screen, and use different formatting options.
- Geo visualization: In addition to various visualization options like charts, widgets, and pivot tables, geo-visualization allows you to analyze geographical data using interactive map charts across all countries, states, regions, and even latitudes.
- A spreadsheet-like interface for deep analysis: If you love spreadsheets, Zoho’s interface to deep analytics is sure to appeal. This type of analysis is for Excel users. It will provide you with a familiar look and feel for reporting and analysis, but they offer many more features than Excel.
- Hyperintelligence pulls data from you: The hyperintelligence feature pulls data from multiple sources and combines them into useful, zero-click insights. It can be a card on a site or integrated with a voice-over assistant. It is interesting that they offer contextual insights. All you have to do is hover your mouse over the data and the software will identify it on the website, apps, and devices.
- Federated analytics: It offers a common data glossary regardless of which tools you use. It is built on an enterprise semantic diagram that indexes all disparate data systems and allows visualizations of the exact same data.
- Mobile deployment: As mentioned, they offer mobile deployment which allows users to access existing reports, dashboards, and visualizations from any device and location.
- Voice technology integration: Powered by machine learning and natural language processing, voice technology can be integrated with chatbots like Alexa and Google Home.
- Cloud technology: Microstrategy provides a variety of cloud solutions that are scalable, secure, and flexible, and can be used to meet both IT and business needs.
9. Dundas BI
Dundas Interactive BI is the next tool. This business intelligence platform has a Capterra rating of 4.5 and a G2 Crowd rating of 4.4. It aims to simplify the analytics process through interactive dashboards, reports, and visual analytics. Dundas was the original name for the software, which was created in 1992 to solve data visualization problems. After many recognitions in visualization, the software was renamed Dundas BI in 2015. This is an end-to-end analytics platform that allows users to visualize and analyze data. Features include report generation, ad hoc query, data discovery, and more.
- Immersive Mobile Experience: This feature allows you to view, share, and create dashboards from your mobile device using HTML5. It doesn’t need any app downloads and looks exactly the same as a desktop.
- Customizable views of data: This tool lets you create dashboards using drag-and-drop capabilities. You can customize dashboards with a variety of styles, themes, and charts. They also have responsive designs.
- Seamless Integration: DundasBI is a fully-programmable platform that can both be customized by end-users and advanced users. It supports full scripting and CSS styling. The entire system can be integrated into your application using an API.
- Tailored analytics: Dundas BI offers real-time data that allows business users to view, create, interact and monitor their data on any device. The tool also supports cross-analysis, which allows users to explore their data and discover hidden opportunities.
- Interactive: When visualizing data, Dundas’ BI platform provides highly interactive options like smart recommendations, chart animated transformations, and data brushing. Our ultimate goal is to keep users interested and help them understand the data more quickly.
GoodData provides business analytics software. It allows data ingestion, storage, and visualizations. Their analytics can be embedded into any website, mobile app, or desktop application. You can also create dashboards or reports to track your daily activities without needing a Ph.D. according to their website. GoodData, a young software solution, was founded in 2007 and has received a stable rating of 4.3 stars on Capterra, paired with a G2Crowd score of 4.0. This makes them one of our top choices for managing your business.
- Customers have the ability to publish their own reports: Embedded analytics is available at scale for any customer. It offers a variety of customizations (custom-data models and analytics) that allow customers to publish their reports and dashboards.
- A modular pipeline: They also offer a modular pipeline to integrate data with on-premise or cloud storage. This allows for quick data integration, regardless of whether the data is structured, semistructured, or unstructured. Flexible data processing can be done with tools like Ruby, Python, R, and R.
- Additional support: They offer additional services and support throughout the data and analytics lifecycle including development, testing, and launch.
- 4 Data Centers: GoodData operates four data centers. Two are located in the USA (Chicago, Dallas), and one is in the EU and Canada. However, the exact locations of these centers are not known. You can transfer existing projects from one data center to another at any moment.
Conclusion — Top business intelligence tools
The amount of big data that is available to us is increasing each year. You can reap the benefits of BI and business analysis tools. Your data management will be more consistent, stable, agile, and predictable due to the many features these tools offer. We wanted to help you choose the best business intelligence tools available. We hope that we have given you a thorough review of each product to inspire you to explore business intelligence tools and to find the perfect match for your department or company.