Why use SEO tools?
SEO tools can save you time and effort in keyword research as well as data analysis. These tools allow you to identify which aspects of your strategy are working well and where there could be an improvement. You can also get reports on how your ranking compares to other SEO tools and where there are the best opportunities. They also allow you to measure the performance of search countries, regions, and languages.
It gets even better. You can use SEO tools to assess the performance of each website if you manage multiple websites. Numerous website owners end up manually analyzing the data and entering it into spreadsheets. This can quickly become overwhelming, increasing the chance of inaccurate reports. SEO software can save you hours and produce accurate reports in a matter of seconds.
Top 10 SEO Tools
Paid SEO Tools
Let’s now look at paid SEO tools. Some of these tools offer free trials. Many tools also come with free plans, but restrictions on customization and flexibility.
1. HubSpot SEO Marketing Software
HubSpot’s Marketing Hub features an SEO marketing tool that will help you establish authority on your website. This software integrates with HubSpot landing pages and webpages as well as blog posts so you won’t miss an opportunity for optimizing your content for traffic or conversions.
It doesn’t matter if this is your first content strategy or a seasoned SEO expert, HubSpot’s SEO Marketing Software provides you with the tools and confidence to rank high in the SERPs and provide reports on your performance.
HubSpot’s marketing software does not keep SEO in one place. This tool can be used in conjunction with:
- Email: Send professional email using your own branding designs.
- Marketing Automation: Create dynamic marketing campaigns for segmented audiences.
- Lead Management Follow leads through every stage of your sales process.
- Analytics Check your campaign for success and improvement opportunities.
Price: $45/ mo for the Starter plan,
Also read: Top 10 PPC Management Software and Tools
Ahrefs, an advanced SEO resource, examines your website and generates keywords, links, rankings, and other profiles to help with content decisions.
- Site Explorer This tool shows you how certain web pages perform on your website.
- Content Explorer This tool allows you to search for high-performing websites using specific keywords or topics.
- Keywords Explorer Calculates the monthly search volume, click-through rates, and other statistics for specific keywords.
- Site Audit: crawls specific verticals in your domain to uncover technical issues at the page level.
Price: Seven-day trial for $7, starting at $99
SEMrush is a dashboard that tracks the performance of specific domains and pages in general, is a complex tool. SEMrush provides many resources, including the SEO Toolkit.
The toolkit lets you track the website’s visibility over time and identify keywords it ranks for. It also allows you to identify which keywords it ranks for, its rank for a keyword, monthly search volume for that keyword, and many other things.
- Create backlinks: Analyze backlinks to your website from other websites.
- Use Keyword Magic to identify all keywords that you need in order to build an SEO strategy.
- Check out the strategies of your competitors: Identify paid keywords and ad copy in PPC ads.
- Get recommendations: Learn how to increase your organic traffic by optimizing your content.
Price: start at $119.95
If you are only doing keyword research, you don’t necessarily need an SEO tool with all the bells and whistles. KWFinder is a fantastic tool that bridges the gap between SEO work and copywriting. It will help you find keywords that are easy to rank for, but still, have the potential to bring traffic.
KWFinder is unique because it seamlessly switches between languages and regions, so you can reach your audience wherever they may be.
- Hidden long-tail keyword insights: Search for long-tail keywords to increase traffic.
- Keyword insights from competitors: Compare your keyword strategy to yours and find more keyword opportunities.
- SERP analysis tool Analyze the competition in SERP to determine what elements readers are looking at on your pages.
- Search engine for local keywords: Find out what searchers are searching for in your area and target those markets to get more niche traffic.
Price: 10-day free trial; start at $29/mo
5. Moz Pro
Moz Pro is a subscription that provides all-in-one tools for improving your business’s search rankings. Moz offers a variety of tools that allow subscribers to track growth, identify SEO opportunities and create reports.
- The website crawler Analyzes up to 3,000 links from a URL.
- Email Report: Information about crawling data for pages linked to your site.
- An insight into different “crawl ability” factors: This includes duplicate content and redirects which could impact your SEO performance.
Price: Free 30-day trial, starting at $99/ mo
Free SEO Tools
These tools can be used for free, but you may want to pay more. We have shared the top features of each tool and how to get the most from them for your SEO strategy.
6. Google Analytics
Google Analytics offers a paid version. However, the free version can be used to manage your website’s search engine optimization. This is especially true if you combine Google Analytics with Google Search Console. This will enable you to centrally locate all of your website’s SEO data and compile it. You can also use queries to identify improvement areas with keywords and phrases you want your website to rank for.
Google Analytics is also available for free, allowing you to understand and improve your SEO.
- Fake traffic, which could cause damage to SEO reports, should be removed.
- Compare Organic versus Non-Organic Website Traffic: Find out where your visitors are coming to you and optimize those channels for increased traffic.
- Site Content reports can be used to determine engagement metrics for each page. This includes engagement for directories and pages, page exit metrics, acquisition, behavior, conversion, and conversion of landing page pages.
- Review the Multichannel Report’s Assisted conversions feature. Identify which channels brought you the most conversions.
7. Internet Marketing Ninjas
Internet Marketing Ninjas provides a variety of SEO-focused tools you can use for analysis of your website and to find out about your competitors. They also provide a variety of tools that will help you create meta tags and increase your website’s organic traffic.
These are just some of the Internet Marketing Ninja SEO tools you can use:
- Broken Link Tool: Identify broken links and redirects, and then use the site crawl function to create an XML sitemap.
- Image metadata View all your page links (external and internal) Check out your web pages to see what is working and what needs updating.
- On-page optimization tool: This tool can be used to assess your web page’s content, meta information, and internal links.
- Comparison of SEO on two web pages: Comparing your website’s SEO to that of a competitor.
Page load times: Analyze page loading times and the time it takes for each page to display fully.
Seolyzer, a site crawler, log analysis, and SEO tool, is free to use. It allows you to see how search engines like Google view your site. Seolyzer collects the information crawling bots leave on your server’s log files as they browse your site. This allows you to identify your SEO KPIs and create them. It also detects errors, redirects, and page speed performance.
- Monitor SEO issues: Find out what is causing poor response times, error messages, crawl volume, and other problems so that you can fix them before they cause serious damage.
- Manage your own KPIs. Analyze page performance and crawl volume. Check HTTP status codes.
- Active and new pages. Also, check desktop and mobile responsiveness.
- Segment web page: Find out which pages are most visited.
- Compare web pages: Find out what Google considers the most important pages to your bottom line.
- Measure SEO Impact: Determine the SEO impact on each page or category.
Also read: Top 12 Competitor Analysis Tools
9. Google Trends
When your business is established, traditional SEO tools such as the ones we have already mentioned are excellent for conducting research and audits. What if you are starting a business and want to find out what industries, topics, and ideas are most popular? Google Trends can help you discover untapped opportunities that could lead to a huge keyword list for your website.
Google Trends doesn’t provide granular data. This tool is most effective when used as a compass for setting a direction for your SEO strategy. Then, pair these insights with HubSpot’s SEO Marketing Tools.
- Trends Look for trends in particular countries or regions around the globe.
- Trending topics: Search for people and long-tail keywords that are related to them.
- Comparisons Compare and Contrast Trends Over Time
Seobility, a free SEO-checker tool, is available. This allows you to verify that your website is compliant with current SEO guidelines. Simply enter your URL to get your website analyzed. You’ll also receive tips and tricks on optimizing your site. You’ll also get a detailed SEO audit for your website.
- Search for technical errors Quickly fix on-page SEO problems to recover traffic lost and prevent further traffic drops
- Get an accurate SEO score: This score takes into account many website factors such as meta-information, page content, link structure, and others.
- Analysis of meta-information: Find out the SEO issues in your meta information, such as meta titles/ descriptions and meta tags. Also, understand invalid or incorrect page URLs or domain names.
Opportunities for optimization: Identify areas of improvement in your page speed (related to text and duplicate content and alt attributes for content).
- Link structure recommendations: Get data about headers, and internal and incorrect anchor texts to understand how you can improve your page and link structure.
- Server error fixing: Identify any server errors related to redirects, HTTP headers, or CSS files.