You might find yourself as a project manager for a small business trying to keep up with your team’s tasks. Team management apps will make your life easier and save you time. It will also transform your workflow to be more organized and well-informed.
You may be concerned about your budget and the ease of rolling it out to your employees as a small business. It should be affordable, simple to use and provide enough features to support your team without overwhelming them.
Top 10 Team Management Apps for Small Businesses
ZoomShift helps businesses to become more efficient and organized that allowing them to collaborate via group chat or direct message.
It functions as a clock-in/clock-out tool as well as a project manager feature. This is especially useful for shift-based businesses such as restaurants, gyms, or healthcare.
ZoomShift can be used on both a smartphone and a desktop computer. This makes it easy for people who travel and want to have everything in one place. It can be used by managers to keep track of shifts and schedules. This will help to reduce no-shows and keep the wheels turning.
With its visual drag-and-drop simplicity and visual interface, it’s one of the most user-friendly apps for team management. Users can interact with their workflows in just a few clicks. Not only will notifications be sent to all team members when there are changes, but everyone is informed.
The app can be used by management to plan shifts, budget, and compare actual and scheduled costs and hours. They also have the option of simply approving shifts or running payroll at the end of each month.
- ZoomShift’s reduced learning curve will help you get up to speed quickly and make it easy to use ZoomShift.
- Facilitates easier and more transparent communication between staff members and management
- Employees are empowered to manage their own shift swaps and time-off requests with their coworkers
- You’re always at your fingertips, whether you’re using a computer or a mobile device.
- All-in-one time tracking and time management solution
- The basic plan starts at $2 per user per monthly
- free for 14-day
Also read: Top 10 Employee Monitoring Software for 2022
Asana is a powerful tool for task management panner, Its multiple interfaces, a wide range of features and easy usability make it a favorite.
Asana’s strength is its focus on team collaboration. It has virtual meetings management, task allocation, and tracking. It is easy to set up and allows users to run through tasks and tick them off as they are completed.
- Regular feature updates
- The basic plan has limited storage space.
- For up to 15 users, the basic plan is completely free
- Premium plans start at $10.99 per user/per month
MeisterTask is a Kanban-style task manager and collaboration tool. The dashboard has an intuitive design and can easily be customized by any user to fit their work style.
Its project boards can be easily adapted to any workflow. They can also serve as content calendars or as a tool for developers’ sprints.
MeisterTask is compatible with MindMeister, its sister tool. This allows brainstorming sessions to be fed into task boards and project boards. You can also integrate it with Gmail, Outlook, and Microsoft 365.
MeisterTask is available for desktop and mobile. It has offline functionality that allows users to manage their workflows even if they don’t have an internet connection.
- Flexible project boards
- Unlimitless team members
- No internal calendar.
- Poor file sharing and revision management
- Start at $8.25 per user/month for a Pro Plan
Infinity is a flexible and comprehensive tool for team management. It has more than 50 templates to choose from and is suitable for all types of teams, including HR marketing, to CRM.
There are many options available: list, Gantt, and form views, as well as table and column views. You can also create your own structure to suit your needs. You can also color-code, filter, and group tasks among other personalization options.
Infinity includes many automation and APIs. This means that you can set reminders, schedule tasks, and create apps to support your work management. It can be integrated with Google Drive, and many other apps to ensure everything is in one place.
- Many customization options.
- There are many integration options.
- This app is still young and has limited features.
- Small businesses may not be able to afford this option.
- Prices start at $149 per user (one-off payment)
Teamwork provides a wide range of project management tools that allow you to track your team’s workload, and eliminate bottlenecks before they occur. If your schedule is too full, you can reassign tasks to ensure that all tasks are equally distributed.
Teamwork offers training materials such as webinars, videos, and blogs. This allows users to learn on the job, rather than having to rely on expensive 1:1 training. Integrations include OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox, Slack and Microsoft Teams.
- Regular updates bring new features.
- It is easy to customize.
- There are some issues with billing and reporting.
- The basic plan is free.
- Paid plans start at $10 per user per monthly
- 30-day trial for free
Basecamp can be a great team task management apps for small businesses Because they are eligible for a free plan up to 20 employees.
It focuses on collaboration. This includes daily task tracking, team communication, ideas, deadlines, and tasks. The communication tool is available via a mobile app and can be used to send and receive messages, file and document attachments, set deadlines, and share feedback and comments.
- It is simple and easy to use.
- There are many integration options.
- Great collaboration functionality.
- Problems with files and notes getting lost in the midst of tasks.
- Up to 3 projects per month and up to 20 users are eligible for a free plan
- Paid plans start at $99 per month for unlimited users and projects
Also read: 7 Best Digital Collaboration Tools
Zapier allows users to seamlessly move between web applications. You can create custom workloads for more than 4,000 web applications, which automate mundane tasks and allow you to concentrate on more important tasks.
Zapier provides collaboration tools for larger companies to automate the entire company. You will also have a dedicated Customer Success Manager who can help you implement your automation strategy.
- Excellent automation features.
- There are many integration options.
- 24/7 support.
- Basic plan customer service is poor
- Premium plans start at $19.99 per Month
- Up to 100 tasks per calendar month are eligible for a free plan
Trello is a visual and user-friendly team management app that follows the Kanban workflow. Because it is simple and drag-and-drop, it’s easy for your team to use.
You can either build your own board or choose from one of many templates that are suitable for sales, marketing, team management, design, and other areas. You can set up each board for Agile work, including a backlog, in progress, and completed tasks. You can also set up boards for collaborative and creative work. This allows team members to discuss ideas, comment, approve and add attachments.
- It automatically backs your data up.
- It offers a great search function to find tasks and projects.
- You can personalize your account with fun stickers
- Once tasks are completed, it doesn’t allow you to archive them.
- Unlimited boards, unlimited users, 10 team boards, and attachments of up to 10MB are included in
- the free plan
- Premium plans start at $9.99 per user per calendar month (billed annually).
Monday is a visual project management tool for beginners, is simple to use. Despite its simplicity, it offers a wide range of features.
Notifications are sent in real-time to users so that they can be notified of any changes to their to-do lists as they occur. It is also an excellent cross-departmental collaboration tool. There are free tutorials that will help you learn the tool.
- It is easy to use
- This is a great resource for visual learners.
- It shows both the larger picture and the finer details.
- Poor customer service.
- Up to 2 people can get a free plan
- Paid plans start at $10 per user per calendar month
Kissflow Project is a Cloud-based project management tool designed for small businesses with a need for simplicity.
You can choose from Kanban, list or matrix views depending on your preference. You can create tasks, assign tasks to others, and add status labels for tasks that are in progress, completed, or on hold.
Managers can create their own dashboards to quickly see all projects and tasks. This will allow them to identify potential roadblocks.
- Simpler ways to simplify complex tasks
- Visually appealing.
- Good customer support.
- You can’t comment on specific tasks.
- Starting at $7/user/month up to 3 projects
Summary — Best team management apps
A great team management app is essential for any business that is growing. especially if the teams are remote or on the go.
These are only a few of the many team management apps available on the market. Each has its own USPs and pricing points. The art of selecting the right tool is not only knowing what you want but also how you and your team work best.